• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terry stopped and searched inside a police station today....well, sorta.

self preservation

I recently had a discussion about lawsuits against local governments. I expressed the opinion that we could OC into almost any police station or Sheriff's office and, at a minimum be asked to leave and denied access to public services. I'd be glad to join you in Owingsville for a visit to the police station whenever it is convenient.

I recently had a discussion about lawsuits against local governments.
With a private citizen or a public official? I only ask because I'm curious how that conversation went.

I expressed the opinion that we could OC into almost any police station or Sheriff's office
Is there a police station or Sheriff's office that you believe we couldn't?

at a minimum be asked to leave and denied access to public services.
What if we don't leave? Trespassing charges? I wonder.

I'd be glad to join you in Owingsville for a visit to the police station whenever it is convenient.
It will probably be the last week of June or the first week of July. I am on vacation those 2 weeks and would rather do it then just in case part of my vacation consist of me spending a few nights in the "stoney lonesome motel." Don't have to worry about work that way. The day I was there the Asst. Chief kept saying "you know better than that." I responded twice saying "no, you can't bring a concealed gun into a police station" in hopes of getting the response "you can't bring a gun in here, period", but he never bit.

09jisaac

I'm sure I will. But first I'll recruit some help....guys with cameras and what not.

Do we have to bring bail money or would it be provided for us? Give me some advance notice and I would join you. I don't know these people, but I don't think it would be anything we would need to invite the press to. Just a couple of OCers talking to local Law enforcement about the "recent" law change.

self preservation

Do we have to bring bail money or would it be provided for us? Give me some advance notice and I would join you. I don't know these people, but I don't think it would be anything we would need to invite the press to. Just a couple of OCers talking to local Law enforcement about the "recent" law change.

In all seriousness, I will try to secure financial/legal support before I poke the bear. When I said guys with camera I didn't mean the media. I meant one of you to film the arrest so I can use it in court later to show that I wasn't resisting, screaming, threatening, singing, dancing or anything else that they try to pin on me to make it stick. I have talked, written and recorded the "new law" with them more than once. I think it may be about bluffing (on their part) now. They will either have to arrest or admit they don't have a leg to stand on.

09jisaac

In all seriousness, I will try to secure financial/legal support before I poke the bear. When I said guys with camera I didn't mean the media. I meant one of you to film the arrest so I can use it in court later to show that I wasn't resisting, screaming, threatening, singing, dancing or anything else that they try to pin on me to make it stick. I have talked, written and recorded the "new law" with them more than once. I think it may be about bluffing (on their part) now. They will either have to arrest or admit they don't have a leg to stand on.

I can do it if you wish. I don't think it would be a difficult rap to beat and I have never stayed in a state funded resort. I can stay in jail long enough to sort it out.

I think usually one or two OCers go and talk to them calmly and get things done. I don't know if we would have to make a scene with cameras and such to do what we have to do.

If we don't need a camera crew then I think it would be best handled without it, on the same note though, I would rather have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.

I was using "press" in the older meaning of the word.