Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC preemtion hearing is "OFFICIAL"

OC preemtion hearing is "OFFICIAL"

After 3 years of work - SB268 (Preemption for open carry) is now officially on the Missouri Senate General Laws Committee hearing date of March 26th, 3:00 PM Senate hearing room #1.

Go if you can, if it changes, don't blame me!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I wish I could make it, but Uncle Sam has plans for me that day. Hopefully there's a good turn out. Enough to convince the committee to move the bill along to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by WCEarp View Post
    I wish I could make it, but Uncle Sam has plans for me that day. Hopefully there's a good turn out. Enough to convince the committee to move the bill along to the floor.
    Almost without any doubt what so ever it wil lbe voted DO PASS by the committee!
    http://www.senate.mo.gov/13Info/BTS_...illID=17912961
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

If it makes it out committee quickly, I will be ready for the next phone, letter, email, and fax blitz to the Senate President to get it on the perfection calender.

time and date are plastered on the fridge. i see no problem making this one.

i am in Ste Gen county and can take 1 rider if need be.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    time and date are plastered on the fridge. i see no problem making this one.

i am in Ste Gen county and can take 1 rider if need be.
    Be sure to say hello! I will definately be there! I'll try to remember to wear my button "Guns save lives".
    Button or not, I think you'll know who I am when I speak.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Be sure to say hello! I will definately be there! I'll try to remember to wear my button "Guns save lives".
    Button or not, I think you'll know who I am when I speak.
    and i saw your picture on your blog.

as long as you don't cut your hair, grow a beard and wear sunglasses i think i'll recognize you.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    and i saw your picture on your blog.

as long as you don't cut your hair, grow a beard and wear sunglasses i think i'll recognize you.
    I go to the capitol very early, like 0800 when I go. It gives me a chance to speak with many legislators before the sessions start. If I'm going to J.C. may as well make a full day of it. There is a nice OC friendly place to eat, "Ria's" that works out well too!

I have a round red "Guns save lives" button, chance are if you see a person wearing it in the capitol, it's me. Remember mear mortals such as our selves cannot carry in the Capitol, the leguislators made that an exclusive for them and their paid staff.

Planning

A small group is meeting tonight in the STL area to plan for the Senate preemption hearing March 26. You are encouraged to go to that hearing at the capitol @3:00PM in Senate hearing room #1.

Accomplished Advocate
    I will be there, ride offers from the metro area still stand.

Look forward to meeting you broondog.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Good luck from a former resident.

Sb 268

There are three of us who will be the first three speakers on SB 268. If you have any specific questions, please PM me.
    If the others who will be speaking first wish to be identified they may choose to say that here or not.
    General questions? Fire away......

I can tell you time is limited for the hearing, three bills in 2 hours. Time will be apportioned by the chair.

This is so awesome. Today I discovered that my city has changed it's laws and made open carry a violation of city code, whereas before it was allowed with a CCW. They also added in the bit about brief open display being legal. I was about to contact my city, but I think I'll just wait a few days to see if this goes through. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help get this passed!
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    This is so awesome. Today I discovered that my city has changed it's laws and made open carry a violation of city code, whereas before it was allowed with a CCW. They also added in the bit about brief open display being legal. I was about to contact my city, but I think I'll just wait a few days to see if this goes through. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help get this passed!
    The OC Bill last year was amendmended on the floor of the House to the "flash amandment". Basically with a CCW if you have a brief exposure in a non-threratening manner it is NOt a crime. Some one else can look it up and quote it if they like. It was NOT what was sought and I sure will not go into the details of what happened. Fences have been mended with the people (Other choice words would be better but perhaps not appropriate to the forum) involved and we are moving on............ Not saying what I really think is not easy, believe me!

ill be glad to hear what goes on tomorrow.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    ill be glad to hear what goes on tomorrow.
    The Senate hearing has been moved to 1:30 PM for March 26th!

If no one speaks against they can vote "do pass" tomorrow.

its 130!!!
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

It's 5:30, whats the status?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShade View Post
    It's 5:30, whats the status?
    Nobody spoke against it, but they did not pass it today . I don't think it will take long to pass it out of this committee though . Was a good hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    Nobody spoke against it, but they did not pass it today . I don't think it will take long to pass it out of this committee though . Was a good hearing.
    They will vote Thursday or next Tuesday, I'll post the results....
    I can not put the pics I took on here, photobucket is not cooperating. Soem one will do it..

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    That is good to hear!

I can not put the pics I took on here, photobucket is not cooperating. Soem one will do it..
    Thanks mspgunner! Keep us posted.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

You can use http://imgur.com to do a quick album, then upload it to photobucket later!

some of those pics might scar people for life. use your best judgement sir!
    Last edited by Broondog; 03-27-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Jimi Hendrix

Well brace yourselves then...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	10174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1712.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	10176
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	10172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	10171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1712.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	10173  
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

now that's a motley bunch of hoodlums if i ever saw one!
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast