• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC preemtion hearing is "OFFICIAL"

Redbaron007

Nobody spoke against it, but they did not pass it today . I don't think it will take long to pass it out of this committee though . Was a good hearing. :)

That is good to hear!

They will vote Thursday or next Tuesday, I'll post the results....
I can not put the pics I took on here, photobucket is not cooperating. Soem one will do it..

Thanks mspgunner! Keep us posted.

ATCSamps

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=17912961

4/3/2013 - Voted Do Pass S General Laws Committee

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=17272434

4/3/2013 - S Formal Calendar S Bills for Third Reading--SCS for SJR 14-Schaefer, et al (In Fiscal Oversight)

SJR14 passed too!

question about SJR14, the part where it removes the language stating that the right to keep and bear arms did not justify the wearing of concealed weapons, would that mean a CCW permit would no longer be needed?

NeoShade

question about SJR14, the part where it removes the language stating that the right to keep and bear arms did not justify the wearing of concealed weapons, would that mean a CCW permit would no longer be needed?

I thought the same thing. I am not really sure! I might try to email the sponsors for clarification.

mspgunner

That is NOT what it means.... You must and will still need a CCW permit to carry concealed in Missouri no matter which bills before the legislature pass this year.
No one has introduced a Constitutional Carry Bill. It would never fly in Missouri this year.

Any speculation when SB268 might get introduced on the floor of the Senate? Would be interesting to listen to the debate.

NeoShade

That is NOT what it means.... You must and will still need a CCW permit to carry concealed in Missouri no matter which bills before the legislature pass this year.
No one has introduced a Constitutional Carry Bill. It would never fly in Missouri this year.

Then what does this section mean exactly? Just a precurser to Const carry?