• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC preemtion hearing is "OFFICIAL"

Redbaron007

Then what does this section mean exactly? Just a precurser to Const carry?

Don't know. If some of the bills get past and signed this year....it may lead to that later on. Constitutional Carry, i.e. Arizona, is a prize to work towards. Trying to reach it in one swipe/attempt, maybe be wishful thinking. Taking shots at it, one little bite at a time, maybe the only way it will happen.

It's like the old saying; "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

mspgunner

Don't know. If some of the bills get past and signed this year....it may lead to that later on. Constitutional Carry, i.e. Arizona, is a prize to work towards. Trying to reach it in one swipe/attempt, maybe be wishful thinking. Taking shots at it, one little bite at a time, maybe the only way it will happen.

It's like the old saying; "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

SB268 is dead, darn near for sure. There is not will not be Constitutional Carry in Missouri for a long time, live with it, especially if your not willing to work your a@@ off to get it.

We may get one big leep this year, too early to tell, but getting closer.
This "news" story broke:
http://www.bnd.com/2013/04/17/2581590/mo-house-endorses-sweeping-gun.html

Follow HB436, see the amendments, see "Curtman". This "IS" the most we can hope for this year and if we get it feel satisfied, beats the heck out of what we did not get last year.
Read it very carefully to understand it completely. Don't give me any B/S about it, it was worded very carefully to get all we could get. Be happy or give it a go yourself, good luck.

mspgunner

It means OC EVERYWHERE in Missouri without CCW permit. If a political/municipality bans it, you can still OC with a CCW permit.

This is correct!!! It does NOT affect those who now OC without a CCW! It allows OC where municipalities prohibit. It was intended as a back-up in case preemption didn't happen, and it has not!

As a "safe guard" against those who would turn on it and say "Now people can OC with a "assault rifle", I put in the 16 inch limit, or the
anti-people would no doubt use the "assault" rifle thing aganst it. The same law about length applies in OK,, even though they have preemption.

I really tried to make it work and with the help of others in our little group of OCers I cooperate with, this was the best we thought we could do.
Hey, considering how we were raped last year on OC... better take it if we can get it!

Complaint department is on the one above top floor, go up there, keep walking until you reach the reception desk.... Don't see it... Don't look down, just keep walking.....

WCEarp

I think I was more supprised that HB436 passed than the amendment. The amendment isn't all that it is cracked up to be, but with OC preemption dead this year, I'll throw my support behind it. I guess its time again for letters and phone calls. Maybe take another day off to go talk with my senator when the bill gets moving in the Senate.

mspgunner

I think I was more supprised that HB436 passed than the amendment. The amendment isn't all that it is cracked up to be, but with OC preemption dead this year, I'll throw my support behind it. I guess its time again for letters and phone calls. Maybe take another day off to go talk with my senator when the bill gets moving in the Senate.

The next move is up to Senator Dempsey. I wouldn't do anything, I spoke with my senator today. Just wait. I have a feeling it will move right along...

Broondog

is it me or did they just take pretty much every good 2A bill, roll it into one, and attach the part about publishing/sharing firearm owners/ccw holders info?

i must say that i like it!

kylemoul

It means OC EVERYWHERE in Missouri without CCW permit. If a political/municipality bans it, you can still OC with a CCW permit.

I got it...had to read it again. I seen an entry about health professionals inquiring about gun ownership.

Broondog

mspgunner

HB436 is the one to watch now. Since the Senate doesn't convene until 4 p.m. today, nothing today...hoping to see some things happen this week. Here's a link to it:
http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?year=2013&bill=HB+436

The next step for 436 is for it to be assigned to a committee by Mr. Dempsey, if he so choses to do that. The most likely committee is the Senate General Laws Committee chaired by Brian Nieves. Nothingis 100%
for sure in Jefferson City, but if assigned to Senator Nieves' Committee I can assure you it will pass the committee. Many more steps after that, hang in there, one at a time.

Missouri House of Representatives

97th General Assembly , 1st Regular Session

Activity History for HB 436

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Jrn Pg Activity Description
2/05/2013 H 276 Introduced and Read First Time (H)
2/06/2013 H 284 Read Second Time (H)
2/18/2013 H 386 Referred: General Laws(H)
3/06/2013 Public Hearing Completed (H)
4/09/2013 Executive Session Completed (H)
4/09/2013 HCS Voted Do Pass (H)
4/09/2013 H 1011 HCS Reported Do Pass (H)
4/09/2013 H 1011 Referred: Rules(H)
4/11/2013 Rules - Executive Session Completed (H)
4/11/2013 Rules - Voted Do Pass (H)
4/11/2013 H 1119 Rules - Reported Do Pass (H)
4/17/2013 H 1309 HCS Adopted (H)
4/17/2013 H 1309 - 1310 Perfected with Amendments (H) - HA 1, HA 2, HA 3, HA 1 TO HA 4, HA 4 AS AMENDED ADOPTED AYES: 117 NOES: 39
4/18/2013 H 1361 - 1363 Third Read and Passed (H) - AYES: 115 NOES: 41

April 18th was "Rally Day", thanks to all who took the time to attend. 436 and three others were voted out of the House om that day. NO, it was NOT by chance!
Take the time to make a difference, not many really give a rats a@@ about our rights!

Last edited: