• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Press Release - Senator Joan Hartley uses public hearing as anti-

Rich B

From: http://ctcarry.com/News/Release/2030d4eb-6697-4412-ba71-22668940435e

Senator Joan Hartley uses public hearing as anti-rights soapbox

Grills Mossberg VP, accuses them of producing weapons ‘only meant to kill’

Hartford, Connecticut, March 14th, 2013:

Connecticut Carry is disgusted at the grand standing of Senator Joan Hartley, who is the Chair of the Public Safety and Security Committee, in her grilling of Mossberg Vice President and Legal Counsel Joseph Bartozzi. In what is supposed to be an unbiased hearing where they are to learn from the public and from industry speakers; Senator Hartley chose instead to accuse Mossberg of creating products that are ‘only meant to kill’.

Senator Hartley later went on to grill both Mossberg and Mark Malkowski of Stag Arms, two very large, responsible and excellent firearms manufacturers in Connecticut, about their contributions to the National Rifle Association. This demonizing of our industry by attempting to demonize their involvement in pro-rights issues and organizations is unacceptable and ridiculous. What money a company or an individual contribute to a group devoted to protecting their rights is not only ‘none of their business’, but it is also easily found through a request to the NRA’s various charity organizations which Federal laws and tax code make freely available.

She also sought to demonize manufacturers like Sturm Ruger by trying to ascertain whether they donated to the Newtown victim’s funds. As if the manufacturers of firearms have a duty or responsibility to donate a portion of their corporate treasury to the victims of a madman which they had nothing to do with. These are inflammatory and biased comments that have no place in our legislature.

Senator Hartley should be ashamed of her ridiculous statements and accusations that only seek to demonize and segregate a portion of our population in Connecticut. Guns are not at all only meant to kill. A vast majority of guns never kill anyone or anything and most likely never will. A vast majority of gun owners have never killed anyone or anything and hope that they never have to use their firearm to injure or to take the life of someone else who is trying to hurt them.

Senator Hartley’s insensitive and generalized comments about an entire industry and portion of Connecticut residents are unacceptable and she owes an apology to the gun owners and gun manufacturers of Connecticut.

More information on this issue can be found on http://ctcarry.com.

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

Last edited:

motoxmann

Sickening. If there's ever a way to vote her OUT of any position ever for the rest of her life, I will be doing just that.

she is just one more person using deception to attain her personal goals: she is the demon trying to put the blame on everyone else

davidmcbeth

Banned
All the members should be ashamed .. it was revealed that the committee did not author the SB 1076 but came from the CT council of mayors, a known huge-anti group.

I pointed this out and the legislators and told them that because the TF failed, they just grabbed what was on hand and slapped their name on it and tossed it into committee ... they said no but we all know that's a lie. My foia requests I filed will show the truth...but this will take time.

All legislators I spoke to said they did not know the affects of any and all the bills .. shows that they are total a**holes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Lookie lookie SB 6656 Insurance committee has a hearing on the 19th .... and who is on the committee? Joan .... go and voice your displeasure on the 19th ...