• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Press Release - Thousands of Rights Activists show up to Defend a

Rich B

From: http://ctcarry.com/News/Release/2030d4eb-6697-4412-ba71-22668940435e

Thousands of Rights Activists show up to Defend against Dozens of Anti-rights Activists

Pro-rights activists far outnumber anti-rights activists once again at the Legislature

Hartford, Connecticut, March 14th, 2013:

Once again, thousands of pro-liberty activists descended on the Legislative Office Building in Hartford. They were met by a Public Safety and Security Committee that was mostly absent from the hearing, legislators that noticeably disappeared when Colt Manufacturing dropped off busloads of employees that filled the building. They were also met by handful of anti-rights activists who were quickly overwhelmed by the thousands of pro-rights activists in attendance.

This is not surprising. The January rally of pro-rights activists netted thousands of people that filled the entire back half of the Capitol Building. When the anti-rights activists later held a rally, they ended up with a quarter of the attendance, despite the inaccurate media reports to the contrary.

On Monday, there was a pro-liberty ‘Lobby Day’ where over three thousand activists showed up and tried to track down their legislators. The governor fled Hartford and instead lobbied in New London, avoiding the possibility of confronting people head on about the issues he wants to legislate against. But that is OK. The governor’s job is not to hear from or represent the people. Then again, his job is also not to develop or promote legislation either.

On Wednesday, there was an anti-rights ‘Lobby Day’ where ‘dozens’ of people showed up, although photos and video from the event showed approximately ‘a dozen’. These people were welcomed warmly by legislators, despite being in the clear minority. The bias is evident.

Today, March 14th, thousands of people packed the legislative office building to express their pro-liberty stances. Very few anti-rights activists were present. This should be clear evidence of the public’s opinion about this issue.

The legislature and the governor are very incorrect that we are some sort of minority or ‘fringe of the fringe (http://www.theday.com/article/20130311/NWS01/130319979/1017) ’. We are the majority, and we vote. We are the people who actually understand the issues and we will continue to be active and vocal about this issue. Legislators should be warned that they have awakened a lot of single issue voters and that those voters will be watching their coming actions very closely. We will not succumb to your lies in the future. You will uphold your oath to uphold the state and federal Constitutions, and you will protect our rights.

More information on this issue can be found on http://ctcarry.com.

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

davidmcbeth

Banned
I scanned the list of people who gave (or signed up to give) testimony on the 14th of March...

Out of about 200 people who signed up, 21 were pro & most others were against. With a few there is no annotation (so maybe they OKed 299 and said no to the rest is my thinking)

So about a 10:1 turnout against ... heck, a 60-40 split is convincing.

And with my FOIA requests to all the committee members, now the members don't want to disclose the emails sent to them either pro or con. I'll get the emails, when is a question. Maybe useful next session. Their refusal is puzzling though. I assume that the emails that they got were mostly against but then they'll declare "We appreciate those that have come down and spoken to us but the number of emails clearly show a favoring of the legislation so I'm gonna have to vote in favor of the gun restrictions"...when its not true.

Last edited: