Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAC 3/23-24 OCDO Table

Thumbs up WAC 3/23-24 OCDO Table

We will be having an OCDO table at the next WAC show. It would be great to have some new blood at the table to talk with gun owners. This is a critical year and believe it or not gun owners are a diverse group, some of them think we are nuts, some are curious and some are anti-gun. I kid you not.
    Live Free or Die!

I can be there for Sunday.

I also got all the gear together for the table and found out we are down to 1300 pamphlets.

Would love to come say hi, but will be out of town. Bummer! Good luck though!
    -LIFETIME NRA MEMBER-
    || SPRINGFIELD LOADED SS || LES BAER CUSTOM CARRY HARD CHROME || SPRINGFIELD TRP ||
    -DONT TREAD ON ME-

Gogo, I can be there for Saturday. PM me what you need and times/locations.

The time is always invasive and inconvienant. If WE don't get the word out, who will? There are a great deal of people out there, and some carry guns, that don't want you armed. Citizenship is a Verb, that's an action word. Get active or get disarmed.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 03-15-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelif az usyoall
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Bill, As you may know, after a 30 year membership, I dropped WAC due to their business license edict.
    I started the OC table there 6 years ago and am proud to see the way it has grown. Thanks to all that participated.
    Unfortunately I will no longer attend WAC, for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Gogo, I can be there for Saturday. PM me what you need and times/locations.

The time is always invasive and inconvienant. If WE don't get the word out, who will? There are a great deal of people out there, and some carry guns, that don't want you armed. Citizenship is a Verb, that's an action word. Get active or get disarmed.
    Thanks John, PM Sent. You are exactly right!
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Bill, As you may know, after a 30 year membership, I dropped WAC due to their business license edict.
    I started the OC table there 6 years ago and am proud to see the way it has grown. Thanks to all that participated.
    Unfortunately I will no longer attend WAC, for any reason.

We owe you a great deal of gratitude for your humble beginnings, Jim. Thank you. Your presence will be missed.
    Live Free or Die!

Would love to see more people stop by the table for an hour or two. You don't even have to interact, you can just observe. You will find that the knowledge you have obtained on OCDO far outweighs the regular gun show patron. Fun polite and courteous interactions will help spread the news, laws, etc and give gun owners more confidence in their rights.

Come join us and hang out.... (bring the donuts!)
    Live Free or Die!

What are the hours, and do we get a pass? I should be available both days, but Sunday for sure. I'm not a WAC member, so no carry right?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    What are the hours, and do we get a pass? I should be available both days, but Sunday for sure. I'm not a WAC member, so no carry right?
    The show is open 8-4 Saturday and 8-3 on Sunday. They do not do helper passes anymore . If you are not a member then you must leave your firearm in the car. Entry is $8 and membership is $35 for a year.
    Live Free or Die!

and if youre not a member and do not leave your firearm in the car... please for the love of pete DO NOT show off your hideaway piece, and if you do show off your hideaway piece, don't ventilate the roof!
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    and if youre not a member and do not leave your firearm in the car... please for the love of pete DO NOT show off your hideaway piece, and if you do show off your hideaway piece, don't ventilate the roof!
    I'll say this. As a member, I respect the rules. Even the rules I disagree with. I think that your comment is inappropriate. If I discover member/non-member violating the rules, I will say something to you and or WAC security.

A couple of months ago there was a WAC member/table holder that unloaded his pistol in a briefcase pointing right at me! I had him removed.
    Live Free or Die!

Saturday morning, as close to eight as I can get. I will be there.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I'll say this. As a member, I respect the rules. Even the rules I disagree with. I think that your comment is inappropriate. If I discover member/non-member violating the rules, I will say something to you and or WAC security.

A couple of months ago there was a WAC member/table holder that unloaded his pistol in a briefcase pointing right at me! I had him removed.
    What's inappropriate about my comment. Simple truth, concealed means concealed. This is the exact Sam philosophy everyone espouses when going into shopping malls, you going to turn in a CCer at the movie theatre too? Briefcase guy is an idiot, we can agree there, but if briefcase dude kept his pistol in his briefcase and never opened it you wouldn't know or care he had a loaded gun. I'll bet at least a quarter of people who attend the show are carrying concealed
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Nothing personal, but I'm out. I am willing to give my time gladly for OCDO, but not a dollar for something I would not go to anyway.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Would you turn someone in if you knew they were concealing at wild waves or at silver wood? Or Disney word or six flags? If you learn someone in your party is CCing at a huskies game do you turn them in? Do you run around being eyes and ears for security at any other venue or establishment?

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Saturday morning, as close to eight as I can get. I will be there.
    See you there John.
    Live Free or Die!

Would you turn someone in if you knew they were concealing at wild waves or at silver wood? Or Disney word or six flags? If you learn someone in your party is CCing at a huskies game do you turn them in? Do you run around being eyes and ears for security at any other venue or establishment?
    I do not have a membership and agree to abide by my membership bylaws of any of those venues.

There is not 1/4 of the people concealing. Cite your information where there is...
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 03-20-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

I do not have a membership and agree to abide by my membership bylaws of any of those venues.
    So we'll just pretend my initial comment was directed only at those without WAC membership and call it good.

Edit, I said "i'll bet"

every time I've been there I se people all over the place, wearing fanny packs, adjusting their coats all the time. looking away when the WAC staff are walking by. maybe not that many. But certainly a sizable minority of people at the show are packing. under what circumstances would any self respecting man wear a fanny-pack? c'mon here

people at tables who are there for the day and have room to set their stuff down wearing coats or thick untucked flannel shirts. one other cue I usually notice is if a female has her purse strapped over her head and not just on her shoulder with a hand laying on, in, or near the purse. these are subtle clues that are even mentioned in police manuals about people who carry concealed firearms. This is anecdotal yes, but not many people who are members are willing to publically admit they carry.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 03-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.

NRA Member

But this is all irrelevant as my comment was initially just supposed to be a jest at the guy who blew a hole in the ceiling by acting negligently.

I think we can all agree that the pavillion is adequately ventilated as designed.

my personal opinion on CC at the gun show though is obviously, if I don't see it, I don't care. and if I do see, I still don't care as long as i'm not seeing it in the act of putting a hole in the ceiling.

I'm not going to argue this further.

NRA Member

WAC 3/23-24 OCDO Table

Would love to see more people stop by the table for an hour or two. You don't even have to interact, you can just observe. You will find that the knowledge you have obtained on OCDO far outweighs the regular gun show patron. Fun polite and courteous interactions will help spread the news, laws, etc and give gun owners more confidence in their rights.

Come join us and hang out.... (bring the donuts!)
    Talking about uneducated people. I get people asking me all the time how all this gun ban stuff is affecting me. I say it's not they haven't passed any laws yet.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Thank you..................................for Gods sake stop, listen, think and stop typing for a change the rest of us need the break.

But this is all irrelevant as my comment was initially just supposed to be a jest at the guy who blew a hole in the ceiling by acting negligently.

I think we can all agree that the pavillion is adequately ventilated as designed.

my personal opinion on CC at the gun show though is obviously, if I don't see it, I don't care. and if I do see, I still don't care as long as i'm not seeing it in the act of putting a hole in the ceiling.

There were no holes put in the ceiling.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Yawn...

So we're back to adjusting the drapes in a burning house. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Freedom First; 03-21-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Yawn...

So we're back to adjusting the drapes in a burning house. Enjoy.
    Exactly. I go to recruit more fireman for the fight. There are larger state and national issues and we need everyone of these gun owners on the side of liberty. And believe it or not the people that visit this forum are the most educated and articulate concerning rights, firearms laws and knowledgeable of the larger picture (i.e. burning house).
    Live Free or Die!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast