• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC 3/23-24 OCDO Table

tombrewster421

Would love to see more people stop by the table for an hour or two. You don't even have to interact, you can just observe. You will find that the knowledge you have obtained on OCDO far outweighs the regular gun show patron. Fun polite and courteous interactions will help spread the news, laws, etc and give gun owners more confidence in their rights.

Come join us and hang out.... (bring the donuts!)

Talking about uneducated people. I get people asking me all the time how all this gun ban stuff is affecting me. I say it's not they haven't passed any laws yet.

SpyderTattoo

But this is all irrelevant as my comment was initially just supposed to be a jest at the guy who blew a hole in the ceiling by acting negligently.

I think we can all agree that the pavillion is adequately ventilated as designed.

my personal opinion on CC at the gun show though is obviously, if I don't see it, I don't care. and if I do see, I still don't care as long as i'm not seeing it in the act of putting a hole in the ceiling.

I'm not going to argue this further.

There were no holes put in the ceiling.

Freedom First

But this is all irrelevant as my comment was initially just supposed to be a jest at the guy who blew a hole in the ceiling by acting negligently.

I think we can all agree that the pavillion is adequately ventilated as designed.

my personal opinion on CC at the gun show though is obviously, if I don't see it, I don't care. and if I do see, I still don't care as long as i'm not seeing it in the act of putting a hole in the ceiling.

I'm not going to argue this further.

Yawn...

So we're back to adjusting the drapes in a burning house. Enjoy.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yawn...

So we're back to adjusting the drapes in a burning house. Enjoy.

Exactly. I go to recruit more fireman for the fight. There are larger state and national issues and we need everyone of these gun owners on the side of liberty. And believe it or not the people that visit this forum are the most educated and articulate concerning rights, firearms laws and knowledgeable of the larger picture (i.e. burning house).

Grim_Night

The show is open 8-4 Saturday and 8-3 on Sunday. They do not do helper passes anymore :cry:. If you are not a member then you must leave your firearm in the car. Entry is $8 and membership is $35 for a year.

This right here is why I will not get involved. All the talk on these forums about standing up and defending our constitutionally protected rights, not giving our money or business to those that don't support us and here you are telling us that we have to pay a yearly fee just to carry a gun as a LAC at this gun show? Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Grim, go and try to find a gun show that allows carry. Even as a member it is zip tied. BTW here's your horsey.

Attachments

• Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
    Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Grim_Night

I'm just getting tired of the hypocritical viewpoints from members of these forums.

Stopped by an estate sale in Dash Point today... big home with lot's of goodies. Including some reloading equipment, a big safe and a few guns...
The Estate Sale company had also hired a Pierce County deputy (off duty/in uniform) as security. Needless to say Deros and I walked through the house for a while, talked with the owner of the Estate Sale Co., got the information on guns, bought some things... had a brief conversation with the PCSO deputy and went on our way. Neither the Estate Co, nor the deputy ever asked about our sidearms. Both were very cordial and polite....

I did give my OCDO business card to the Estate Co owner so he could forward me the gun info....

Take this for example. I have a conversation in the slightest bit with any police officer and mention it on these forums and people slap me dpwn and tell me "Don't talk to cops!" but gogo does it and not a word said.

This is just one example. Seems like when I do something that I personally don't have an issue with, it's a huge issue with people here as if I'm breaking some holy commandment or something. But when others do the same thing, and all is right with the world. I point out that people are going against their own stated values such as what I posted above and I might as well be told to **** because I don't know what I'm talking about. If people are going to make a stand and put their word on the line then stand by it. Stop being wishy-washy. If a vast majority of the population on these forums say "don't give business to people that don't support our 2A rights" then abide by that. How many people here have said that we shouldn't be paying for permission slips (cpl's)? Yet how many gladly lay down their money so they can go to a gun show where they are not allowed to carry their legally owned firearm?

I'm sorry, but I'm starting to see that people here have their heads squarely inserted in their rectums and the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality is not to my liking.

/rant /ontopic

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This right here is why I will not get involved. All the talk on these forums about standing up and defending our constitutionally protected rights, not giving our money or business to those that don't support us and here you are telling us that we have to pay a yearly fee just to carry a gun as a LAC at this gun show? Thanks but no thanks.

Certainly that is a legitimate perspective and you're entitled to hold that point of view. I will not fault you for doing so. However, you will not find any gun shows that do not restrict carry by bylaws or policy. This includes the largest gun show in the world, the SHOT show. The view that they don't support us is simply not true, there are other factors that govern these decisions.

As to payment, I look at it this way. I could go see 4 movies a year and give money to some anti-gun actor or I can spend the same amount of money and go to 24 gun shows and just browse the day away. I'd rather do the later then the former. Lot's of cool stuff to look at, even if I never buy. Of course there are good deals and bad deals at the show and the more you attend the more you can ferret out these jewels.

As to why I go, it is because I am involved and I do stand up and defend our rights. I am not sure if I have ever met you, but hope that you do the same in the manner that you see fit. If you want to preach to the sinners, you have to go where the sinners are. Gun shows and casual gun owners are the sinners! Some are so out of touch with our rights that I am always amazed when I attend the WAC show and talk to them. Fortunately, with some polite conversations many gun owners that are ignorant to our rights "get it", while many don't. I am trying to change one mind at a time... humbly it is all I can do. I think that the guys that work the OCDO table over the years have changed the minds, hearts and souls of gun owners who would trade liberty for safety. A big shout out to TriggerDr, SpyderTattoo, Bill Starks, Deros and others that have worked the table and made a difference.

The people of OCDO do more to protect rights than the average gun owner, hunter, shooter than any other body of people I can recall. Rallies of 3000 in Olympia, organizing BBQs, testifying at city council meetings and in Olympia. Often times I only see people from this forum showing up to fight for our rights. If we did so only in the venues that we thought were pure then we simply would not reach everyone we could. I for one will leave no stone unturned in this battle for our rights. I do not want to see a civil war, I want to win in the hearts and minds of every American and every Washingtonian. I see no better place to start then the states largest gun show. And now is the time many new attendees are going. They are flocking to gun shows in record numbers. I hope that you don't fault those of us that do go for preaching to the sinners. If not us, who? If not now, when?

As to the question of why carry is not allowed at WAC, I will leave that to the WAC themselves: (I take no position as to the validity of their stance or whether I agree or not)

Clinton Anderson asks "Why is it that lawfully licensed citizens can not conceal carry at a gun show? Gun shows have vendors advocating getting your concealed carry license in numerous states, the NRA has a spot to try and get you to join. The whole event is about our Constitutional Right to bear arms. Is this because of a requirement by the property owner or insurance company? Just wondering why?"

This question comes up frequently and often with far more hostility. The organizer policy of barring loaded firearms from gun shows is pretty much universal to gun shows in Washington (I studied this once) and I strongly suspect elsewhere - and organizers usually have several reasons for putting it into place.

1) Reducing the chance of injury or death to persons or damage to property. Nothing in this world is safe - the best anyone ever gets is "safer."

2) Liability. Insurance is really neat stuff, but it's not a charity. Claims and lawsuits tend to drive up liability insurance rates something fierce, an expensive thing that lasts for *years.*

3) Property owner requirements *do* kick in at some venues as either spoken or unspoken requirements. Renting to a gun show organizer frightens off or offends many venues to begin with - getting into a hissing match over this avoidable point when (1) and (2) are already in play would be rather counterproductive. When was the last gun show at the Seattle Center, again?

4) I have not heard of an insurance company requiring such a policy, but I would be entirely unsurprised at such. Insurance companies are in the business of *risk management* after all.

5) See (1). Given the occurrence of negligent discharges at events around the nation most prudent show organizers have recognized that in the presence of unusually large numbers of individuals handling firearms with which they are often unfamiliar in a crowded environment with the frequent (and foolish) assumption said guns are unloaded....that throwing randomly loaded firearms into the mix may be seriously ill-advised. Anyone recognize "Hey Bob! Let me show you my cool new carry piece!" followed by a sudden loud noise...in a crowd?

We can police ourselves...or be policed.
https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonArmsCollectors?fref=ts

EMNofSeattle

I think the WAC supports gun rights... Their concern is liability, they have all sorts of people handling all sorts of guns. last year a firearm instructor AD'd his hideaway piece (a Ruger LCP? if I remember correctly) because he dropped the mag and failed to clear the chamber. While I support discretely CCing in compliance with the law.... obviously it's not good if you introduce new metal to the roof, or someone's kid...

I don't personally agree with the rule, but it's not fair to categorize the WAC as not supporting the 2A. they do alot of good work in supporting our rights.

Batousaii

I believe Me and my daughter will be there for some of Saturday, and then me and fellow Enclave members Wolf and Santiago will be there Sunday. I'm sure we will stop by and say hello and hang out with you guys for a bit too. And ye, though i dont believe in some of the WAC philosophy, i do so enjoy the gun shows, and I enjoy seeing the OCDO table, so it's an evil i accept to enjoy my hobby and see my friends.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Great thanks to Bat and MSG for helping at the table today! Can't say thank you enough. And as a request to have more "babes" work the table... I am working on having our own Serena at the next show.

It seems that traffic for the show has settled back to normal. Ammo prices still too high.. $60-80 for a brick of .22lr! .70-1.00/round for .223-5.56! AR prices still $1400 and up!

AR mags also way out of line! $20+ for metal G.I. mags, $40+ for PMags!

Lots of decent pistol prices though and lot's of handguns being sold today.

Tomorrow I will start offering $20 for a brick of .22lr, I will report back if I get any takers or if all these guys want to haul out their product. Haha

Most everything else is in the ball park and like anything at a show, prices are negotiable.

HK_dave

It seems that traffic for the show has settled back to normal. Ammo prices still too high.. $60-80 for a brick of .22lr! .70-1.00/round for .223-5.56! AR prices still $1400 and up!

a guy had a very old, crusty, no-brand AR for $1900. unbelievable.

Last edited: