Thread: Utahn relocating to Vegas

Utahn relocating to Vegas

We are quite excited for this move.
    I got a promotion at work and it is bringing us to Vegas for now (probably 2-3 years until I move on again).
    We have a 5 year old (my wife's from her first marriage) in kindergarten, so she is more concerned about schools. We are looking in the Summerlin area.
    I have had my Utah CFP for several years now and an AZ permit for a couple of months, now NV is not honoring the AZ permit so I am going to apply for a non resident NV next week.
    Any ideas on how long the wait time is currently to receive the permit?

Anyhow I will soon be a Nevada Resident, at least I can OC most places...

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    We are quite excited for this move.
    I got a promotion at work and it is bringing us to Vegas for now (probably 2-3 years until I move on again).
    We have a 5 year old (my wife's from her first marriage) in kindergarten, so she is more concerned about schools. We are looking in the Summerlin area.
    I have had my Utah CFP for several years now and an AZ permit for a couple of months, now NV is not honoring the AZ permit so I am going to apply for a non resident NV next week.
    Any ideas on how long the wait time is currently to receive the permit?

Anyhow I will soon be a Nevada Resident, at least I can OC most places...
    Why would you go for a non-resident CCW?

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Why would you go for a non-resident CCW?

TBG
    Mostly so I can start the application process since it takes up to 4 months to get the permit.
    Once I get it I can change my address and I am good to go.

Technically, there is no "non-resident" NV permit. It's just a NV permit with an out-of-state address on it. As mentioned, when you move, you just do a change-of-address.

Since this is your plan, I recommend getting the permit from the county into which you will be moving. This may make it easier to do the change-of-address which must be done in the county which issued the permit, not the county into which you move (unless they are the same). Some counties require a change-in-address to be done in person at their office.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip