• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nearly at the finish line....

Nate Forrest

Here it is almost at the end of the legislative session and there are a number of issues to contemplate. I have had the pleasure of working along side Steve Eakin on a few committee hearings and he is an extremely effective advocate for the cause of freedom.

Given the political climate around this region and the nation it is amazing that we will likely emerge from this session with NO NEW GUN LAWS. Now before you crack open the bottles of bubbly to celebrate let me tell you that I believe that this is the calm before the storm.

Representative Garcia's beloved HB 77 will likely not see the light of day to go to the Governor for her signature. I am told that the Dems are not all that upset by this as it was so watered down that they felt it was virtually useless. Likewise Representative Easley's rabid gun ban HB 402 and his pitiful prohibition of firearms in the Roundhouse HB 478 have bitten the dust. Temporarily.

If you haven't learned by now gun grabbing Libs are like the herpes..... they are never gone, only dormant, and they always flare up again. Cuss as we might have about the Governor coming out in favor of a revised HB 77 she is still, at heart, pro Second Amendment.

Enter anti-gun Democrat Senator Linda Lopez.

Senator Lopez has announced to all of her colleagues that she intends to run against Governor Martinez in the next election. If she is elected the fire wall of protection against rabid zealots like Garcia and Easley will no longer exist. Katy bar the door. You will see the all of the above bills come back on steroids along with a plethora of others. Her occupancy of the Fourth floor of the Roundhouse would be the stuff of nightmares.

Likewise we have been given the gift of time. We have time now to find good, solid candidates to run against the Garcias and the Easleys of New Mexico. Some opposition research and well organized public education are needed if we are to beat back decisively what is coming our way. And, like it or not, Susana Martinez needs our admonition and support unless and until we can find someone who is more likely to protect our rights. She has been burned with the Skaandera issue and has had a rude awakening, I think.

One other point and then I will shut up. Our neighbor to the north, Colorado, is now ground zero. What happens there will reverberate like ripples in the water across the nation if it is not stopped. Recall, Repeal and Resist are the watchwords. Make no mistake that Colorado is the bellwether of our future here in New Mexico. Tyranny is no less tyranny whether it comes from Washington, DC or Denver or Santa Fe. Everything we can do to help our compatriots in Colorado should be a priority. The Sheriff's there, as here in New Mexico, have done a fantastic job so far but they need all of us to rise up in their support.

So please don't let's take our marbles and go home thinking we are lucky that the playground Bully didn't take them away from us this time. The Bully will be back.

AH.74

Thanks for the excellent post and the info, Nate. I hate to think about what would happen if another crazy, uncontrollable Dim got into the Governor's office.

Regarding the insanity up in Colorado, don't leave out the involvement of the NYC nanny. His hands are all over it.

http://www.colorado.gov/govhdir/requests/opinion-leg.html

That's the link to the CO governor's office. Even as out-of-staters we should send a message urging him to veto all the gun bills, primarily HB 1224.

RogueWarrior

HB 77 is dead for this year :banana::banana: But you can bet it will rear it's ugly head next year :banghead::banghead: