• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday, Mar 16th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast at 9:30 AM on Saturday, Mar 16th

Golden Corral Restaurant
11 South Providence Road..........Map
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

GC because everybody likes hot cinnamon buns.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Golden Corral Restaurant
11 South Providence Road..........Map
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

I may like them, but the diabeetus says not to eat them. Can't erven chew & then spit out.:(

However, Christie and steak&eggs with 'shrooms for breakfast is good.

Besides, I need to catch up on what's been said about me. (Thank goodness we never got around to electing the absentees to some office.)

stay safe.

scouser

not everybody !!! cinnamon is one of those flavors I can't deal with. dental hygenist almost got (accidentally) spat in the face several years ago when he (without consulting with me first) decided to use cinnamon flavored toothpaste at my check up. I say almost because I did at least manage to push him out of the way as I reached for the bowl. there is now a note on my file NOT to use that flavor and I double check what they're using each time before they start. On the subject of breakfast, I think Logan has a little crush on Dana at RCD so I'll probably be a no show at GC. Feel free to talk about the "Cinnamon Hating Brit" in his absense

scouser

Me neither, too - too much gluten in them things. Might be fun to throw 'em at other restaurant patrons, though...

please don't encourage Grapeshot. It was bad enough at the July 2012 OC dinner when he and Logan started throwing cloth napkins at each other. Grape's got an excuse for that kind of behavior but, at the (then) age of two and a half, I expected better from my son :D

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
please don't encourage Grapeshot. It was bad enough at the July 2012 OC dinner when he and Logan started throwing cloth napkins at each other. Grape's got an excuse for that kind of behavior but, at the (then) age of two and a half, I expected better from my son :D

I sure I don't know what you mean :uhoh:

Vitaeus

I should be able to head up the road and meet some folks, assuming I don't get completely lost my GPS does not seem to like Virginia :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I should be able to head up the road and meet some folks, assuming I don't get completely lost my GPS does not seem to like Virginia :)

The OP (post# 1) of this thread has this Map link that will give you turn by turn directions....the old fashion way :)

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I like to think of you, Jamie, my friend, as my sarogate, in meeting my friends in Virginia that I havent been able to meet.
Please take note of the guys in the Old mans club, that I am fond of.
Hope to hear about Skidmark, Grapeshot (remindes me exactly of Trigger Dr), User, PerterNap and others I cant remember in a row of names, but I like them all.
You should like them all too, but maybe dont know them as well as I do.

va_tazdad

Sounds like a plan but

will have to pass this week. Been down with the creeping crud all week and am just starting to feel human. Last thing I would want is to pass it on to anyone.

Tell Skid to stay off Midlothian hip-checking SUVs. I know he always follows new trends but I don't think it is for him. ;>)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
will have to pass this week. Been down with the creeping crud all week and am just starting to feel human. Last thing I would want is to pass it on to anyone.

That is the same song Skid was hacking for a couple of weeks. 'Tis the season for it - get better soon.

va_tazdad

Thanks

That is the same song Skid was hacking for a couple of weeks. 'Tis the season for it - get better soon.

Sidestreet can tell you how bad I was. I actually took 2 days of sick leave. When I called off, the LT about crapped himself in disbelief. I had to tell him "no, I am not kidding".

18 years working there I doubt I have taken 18 days sick except for surgeries.

There is always next time. ;>)

Vitaeus

Will have to pass on this meetup, decided getting some more sleep was a good idea, since I have been fighting off a cold, along with the jet lag and change of climate. Next month should be a better opportunity.

1245A, I also was looking forward to meeting those folks, next time.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Breakfast every (well almost every) Saturday, dinner 2nd Tuesday of the month.........or just because we are hungary, will meet up "on call" too.

sidestreet

Sorry, I missed you guys...,

but I had many much, very muchen, lottsa stuff to do today. Started when I got home and didn't finish until quarter to twelve. Then it was time to go with the Sandman for a couple of hours. Yes, Tazdad was in unusually bad shape this week. Looked like he had been shot at and missed and shat at and hit..., very much, many muchen, lottsa times!!! Any time he turns down overtime, something is definitely not fresh in Denmark, or in his mirror! Maybe next week.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... (Thank goodness we never got around to electing the absentees to some office.)

stay safe.

Seeing as there was a quorum (2/3 of those present) the above is no longer applicable.

Committee assignments should arrive at your doorstep shortly. Fortunately, many committees needed to be covered, so some of you were assigned to a committee of one. However, the issue of no-shows and illnesses required a number of folks to be assigned to the Social Committee. I think the group will do a wonderful job under the direction of Committee Chairman Peter Nap.

stay safe.