Thread: Mental health

Mental health

Since all this mental health talk has been going around about background checks and of course senator Dianne's rant saying she is not a sixth grader all the while acting like a fifth grader. Hence proving her statement true.

I was wondering. Why should we require any one running for an elected office get a mental health eval before they run and it be open to public inspection before we vote on them and once elected take an eval every six months? I mean they want our mental health to be part of obtaining a firearm. We should require it before they take office and during their term.

Just a thought.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

The only argument I have with your post, OP, is that most fifth-graders act, and are, far more mature than the Senior Senator from California. Come to think of it, most of the first-graders and a few of those in kindergarten have her beat on the maturity thing.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    The only argument I have with your post, OP, is that most fifth-graders act, and are, far more mature than the Senior Senator from California. Come to think of it, most of the first-graders and a few of those in kindergarten have her beat on the maturity thing.
    You are right. I apologize to all fifth graders out there if any took offense.

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Mental health

I suggest that she and most of her followers go back to sand box 101.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought she was reliving the terrible twos yet again.

Banned
    Interviewer: Hi Timmy. You're in 2nd grade now and just read the 2nd amendment. What does it mean?

Timmy: That we can have guns.

Feinstein: This interview is OVER. We cannot have this misguided child running around free. Police, arrest Timmy.

First Cop: Do we have another tranquilizer dart for Feinstein?

2nd Cop : We used our last one of the 1000 unit batch this morning.

First Cop: I'm getting tired of having to order them every week.

2nd Cop: Democracy huh? What ya gonna do?

Timmy: Mr., that lady over there has white stuff coming out of her mouth .. is she OK

Interviewer: Good job Timmy, most people cannot see that she is a female ... and yes, you are right, its not normal. But its normal for her.

Timmy: I'm glad she cannot tell me what to do ... she's not going to be my teacher, is she?

Interviewer: Heavens no Timmy, she's not qualified for that.

First Cop: Can I use a regular round then?

2nd Cop: Only if I am not looking.

First Cop: Hey isn't that a hot black chick way over there? I think she wants you to go over and talk to her.

2nd Cop: My God, she's ugly-not hot .. but I'll take one for the team ...

Don't do the Wookie; instead chew on a cookie!!!
    Attachment 10131
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Since all this mental health talk has been going around about background checks and of course senator Dianne's rant saying she is not a sixth grader all the while acting like a fifth grader. Hence proving her statement true.

I was wondering. Why should we require any one running for an elected office get a mental health eval before they run and it be open to public inspection before we vote on them and once elected take an eval every six months? I mean they want our mental health to be part of obtaining a firearm. We should require it before they take office and during their term.

Just a thought.
    No. At least two huge problems:

First, psychiatry doesn't work. Moreover, the practicioners are known to arrive at conflicting conclusions/diagnoses. Chemists can agree on the components of a compound after analyzing it because they're all using the same data, and that data has been vetted and proven to be true enough to work. Not so with psychs. Lots of arbitrary and unscientific stuff in that profession.

Next, psychiatry has been in league with government since, oh, roughly sometime during WWI, I would guess. Can't count on them to keep the channels clean and clear of bad candidates. Just look at the policing industry. Cops often have to take some sort of psych eval, but look at the problems in the policing industry. Plenty of shaky individuals are getting through the psych eval net.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

First, psychiatry doesn't work.
    That's because you have to be crazy to be a psychiatrist or a psychologist.
    And most, by far, are left wingers.
    I think that's where the phrase "left-wing wacko" came from.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post

Just a thought.
    WHAT!!! Are you crazy? Dude, you need to see a shrink.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    WHAT!!! Are you crazy? Dude, you need to see a shrink.
    Hmm I may need too. lol The whole world seems to have gone crazy. I just bought two twelve packs of pop tarts. I am going to put them together and make an m 60. The foil they come in I am going to turn into ammo. Plus I can make more ammo out of my tinfoil hat kit.