• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mental health

KYKevin

Since all this mental health talk has been going around about background checks and of course senator Dianne's rant saying she is not a sixth grader all the while acting like a fifth grader. Hence proving her statement true.

I was wondering. Why should we require any one running for an elected office get a mental health eval before they run and it be open to public inspection before we vote on them and once elected take an eval every six months? I mean they want our mental health to be part of obtaining a firearm. We should require it before they take office and during their term.

Just a thought.

SFCRetired

The only argument I have with your post, OP, is that most fifth-graders act, and are, far more mature than the Senior Senator from California. Come to think of it, most of the first-graders and a few of those in kindergarten have her beat on the maturity thing.

KYKevin

The only argument I have with your post, OP, is that most fifth-graders act, and are, far more mature than the Senior Senator from California. Come to think of it, most of the first-graders and a few of those in kindergarten have her beat on the maturity thing.

You are right. I apologize to all fifth graders out there if any took offense.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Interviewer: Hi Timmy. You're in 2nd grade now and just read the 2nd amendment. What does it mean?

Timmy: That we can have guns.

Feinstein: This interview is OVER. We cannot have this misguided child running around free. Police, arrest Timmy.

First Cop: Do we have another tranquilizer dart for Feinstein?

2nd Cop : We used our last one of the 1000 unit batch this morning.

First Cop: I'm getting tired of having to order them every week.

2nd Cop: Democracy huh? What ya gonna do?

Timmy: Mr., that lady over there has white stuff coming out of her mouth .. is she OK

Interviewer: Good job Timmy, most people cannot see that she is a female ... and yes, you are right, its not normal. But its normal for her.

Timmy: I'm glad she cannot tell me what to do ... she's not going to be my teacher, is she?

Interviewer: Heavens no Timmy, she's not qualified for that.

First Cop: Can I use a regular round then?

2nd Cop: Only if I am not looking.

First Cop: Hey isn't that a hot black chick way over there? I think she wants you to go over and talk to her.

2nd Cop: My God, she's ugly-not hot .. but I'll take one for the team ...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Since all this mental health talk has been going around about background checks and of course senator Dianne's rant saying she is not a sixth grader all the while acting like a fifth grader. Hence proving her statement true.

I was wondering. Why should we require any one running for an elected office get a mental health eval before they run and it be open to public inspection before we vote on them and once elected take an eval every six months? I mean they want our mental health to be part of obtaining a firearm. We should require it before they take office and during their term.

Just a thought.

No. At least two huge problems:

First, psychiatry doesn't work. Moreover, the practicioners are known to arrive at conflicting conclusions/diagnoses. Chemists can agree on the components of a compound after analyzing it because they're all using the same data, and that data has been vetted and proven to be true enough to work. Not so with psychs. Lots of arbitrary and unscientific stuff in that profession.

Next, psychiatry has been in league with government since, oh, roughly sometime during WWI, I would guess. Can't count on them to keep the channels clean and clear of bad candidates. Just look at the policing industry. Cops often have to take some sort of psych eval, but look at the problems in the policing industry. Plenty of shaky individuals are getting through the psych eval net.

jeeper1

First, psychiatry doesn't work.
That's because you have to be crazy to be a psychiatrist or a psychologist.
And most, by far, are left wingers.
I think that's where the phrase "left-wing wacko" came from.:)

OC for ME

Just a thought.
WHAT!!! Are you crazy? Dude, you need to see a shrink.

KYKevin

WHAT!!! Are you crazy? Dude, you need to see a shrink.

Hmm I may need too. lol The whole world seems to have gone crazy. I just bought two twelve packs of pop tarts. I am going to put them together and make an m 60. The foil they come in I am going to turn into ammo. Plus I can make more ammo out of my tinfoil hat kit. :banana: