Thread: ? on permit application

? on permit application

I called dpt of public safety and they tell me that for a non resident that the very lower portion back page of permit which is the firearms safety training section does not have to be filled out to apply. Is this info correct or was i mis informed? Any input appreciated.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD78 View Post
    I called dpt of public safety and they tell me that for a non resident that the very lower portion back page of permit which is the firearms safety training section does not have to be filled out to apply. Is this info correct or was i mis informed? Any input appreciated.
    Instructions that came with the packet I received from Arizona were quite complete and answered most every question on could have, if I remember correctly.

Assuming you have a permit (current or expired) from any state the "in state training" section you are refering too does not need to be completed as you are getting the AZ permit based upon your other permit that "has a testing or training requirement". The example they used on the paperwork was for one with a Utah permit.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Instructions that came with the packet I received from Arizona were quite complete and answered most every question on could have, if I remember correctly.

Assuming you have a permit (current or expired) from any state the "in state training" section you are refering too does not need to be completed as you are getting the AZ permit based upon your other permit that "has a testing or training requirement". The example they used on the paperwork was for one with a Utah permit.
    I do not have a permit from any other state but the lady on phone still insisted that that portion did not have to be completed. I dont want to mail it in and be denied because it hasnt been completed. Kind of in a pickle on what to do.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD78 View Post
    I do not have a permit from any other state but the lady on phone still insisted that that portion did not have to be completed. I dont want to mail it in and be denied because it hasnt been completed. Kind of in a pickle on what to do.
    What other "options" are included for the "testing or training" requirement... Hunter safety? NRA type courses? I didn't pay close attention to those details as they did not apply to me....
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"