Thread: Great OC story from Elizabethtown

Great OC story from Elizabethtown

I have been a lurker on this site for a few months now and an interaction I had today made me want to register to tell everybody about it.

I was standing in Best Buy in Elizabethtown, open carrying as I do most every day for the last few months. As I am picking up some ram for my wifes computer a soldier in his BDUs walked up to me and put his hand out to shake my hand. "Thank you for exercising your rights." he said as he nodded down at my weapon. "Thank you for protecting them." I responded.

From there we talked for almost an hour about random things from guns to computers to farm animals. Such a great encounter.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Sounds like a good day to me.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Regular Member LEX_XDM40compact's Avatar
    Yes sounds like a very good day to me!

Centurion

Excellent story. I have posted it

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessjoker View Post
    I have been a lurker on this site for a few months now and an interaction I had today made me want to register to tell everybody about it.

I was standing in Best Buy in Elizabethtown, open carrying as I do most every day for the last few months. As I am picking up some ram for my wifes computer a soldier in his BDUs walked up to me and put his hand out to shake my hand. "Thank you for exercising your rights." he said as he nodded down at my weapon. "Thank you for protecting them." I responded.

From there we talked for almost an hour about random things from guns to computers to farm animals. Such a great encounter.
    I have posted it on a couple of other sites with attribution and links.