• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great OC story from Elizabethtown

Namelessjoker

I have been a lurker on this site for a few months now and an interaction I had today made me want to register to tell everybody about it.

I was standing in Best Buy in Elizabethtown, open carrying as I do most every day for the last few months. As I am picking up some ram for my wifes computer a soldier in his BDUs walked up to me and put his hand out to shake my hand. "Thank you for exercising your rights." he said as he nodded down at my weapon. "Thank you for protecting them." I responded.

From there we talked for almost an hour about random things from guns to computers to farm animals. Such a great encounter.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Excellent story. I have posted it

I have been a lurker on this site for a few months now and an interaction I had today made me want to register to tell everybody about it.

I was standing in Best Buy in Elizabethtown, open carrying as I do most every day for the last few months. As I am picking up some ram for my wifes computer a soldier in his BDUs walked up to me and put his hand out to shake my hand. "Thank you for exercising your rights." he said as he nodded down at my weapon. "Thank you for protecting them." I responded.

From there we talked for almost an hour about random things from guns to computers to farm animals. Such a great encounter.

I have posted it on a couple of other sites with attribution and links.