• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to NV and looking for...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You will happily drive across town to enjoy the great relationship you can have with the folks at Wild West Guns on Wynn Road in the SW. Tell them we sent you.

You were openly carrying. You should write a letter to Lock-n-Load and ask the owner to tell his staff to stop giving out legal advice. Let us know the response, please.

You will not receive any kind of state income tax paperwork in NV.

Bernymac

NFA hooks all military folks up. I personally know the owner. He is a coworker of mine. The BX is a little overpriced on handguns but Guido discounts his.

This is interesting, I have been meaning to visit NFA! Are the savings substantial even with taxes and the background fee?

njkennelly

I shall write a letter to L&L and will report back.

Adittionally, I found the gun (2nd choice anyway, as my 1st choice isn't available AT ALL...reasonably) and am having it shipped to NFA for transfer. It should arrive mid next week.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

njkennelly

Have you heard back from L&L??

So I've been trying to find a good email address for L&L and the only one I can find is info@locknloadgunstore.com. This address seems a bit generic for something like this, then again this would be the first time I've sent this type of correspondence. Am I just over thinking this and that address is perfectly fine for this?

Last edited:

jpa

What is required to maintain residency in another state while you actually reside in Nevada? I know Nevada exempts military from having to re-register their vehicles in Nevada or obtain a Nevada driver's license which is fine, but how do you register your vehicle in Arkansas, have an Arkansas DL, Arkansas CCW yet claim Nevada as your state of residency for income tax purposes? Just doesn't make sense to me.

njkennelly

Your state of residency is the state that you pay/don't pay taxes to. For example my actual state of residency is Kansas (that's where I pay taxes), which is also where I register my vehicles. My DL/CHCL are from AR. Where I lay my head at night is neither here nor there. This is all possible because of military exemptions.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Your state of residency is the state that you pay/don't pay taxes to. For example my actual state of residency is Kansas (that's where I pay taxes), which is also where I register my vehicles. My DL/CHCL are from AR. Where I lay my head at night is neither here nor there. This is all possible because of military exemptions.

The key word to this is "Domicile," It is more work than most are willing to put up with, But you can Domicile one place and live in another.... Per SCOTUS it brings a new meaning to "I left my heart in San Fransisco. " It's gonna Take a "research call" to Nexis Lexis for me to cite my source, but this is a fight I am getting ready to take on, (Utah plates On my motorcycles.) So I will put out the cites on request.

Last edited:

njkennelly

Well, I know this thread has been dead for a few days, but just a quick update.

Picked this up a few days ago.
34D39192-85BE-44F6-8174-D6BBE97366D0-9734-000009FB30B0C41C.jpg

I need to take it out for a walk at the range. Verv happy with it so far.