• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB226, tojen horse bill

Nevada carrier

Beware everyone, they wrapped up some of the things we've been asking for in sessions past, but added some very disturbing things. For instance, we would be required to have a new drivers license or ID card that disclosed our CCW status, and if we want a card that doesn't have that designation (for showing when puchasing alcohol or tobacco or what ever other reason we may need to produce ID) we can get one at our own additional expense. First, how utterly rediculouse does that sound? Second, it's none of the DMV's business. Last time I checked, as of 2011, our status as a permit holder was confidential information. If the DMV has it, now they have a registry of gun owners who could be targetted for a future confiscation attempt.

SB226 is beyond a bad bill, it's downright scary!