• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC legislation - what to do right now

mspgunner

Ask not what your OC advocate can do for you.
Ask what you can do for your OC/2A advocate.

If the pro-OC people here want results, right now there are two things you can do.
1) Attend the hearing March 26th @ 3:00 PM in the senate general laws committee hearing. Even if you don't speak well in public, sign the speakers form, take the chair and say "I support this bill and the constitutional right it represents. The legislature was wrong in 1985 to allow "Municipal Government" to take away this Constitutionlal"right"."

2) Go to the annual Rally Day April 18th @ 10:00 AM in the 1st floor rorunda. Many legislators will be there and wil speak. We have a great program in store. The open carry banner will be there and directions to Ria's which is an open carry friendly place, reasonably priced for us to chat after the rally and get a lunch before heading home.

There will be more to do after the hearing to help this bill move along. We are small in numbers but for a good and constitutional cause.
If you are not willing to miss a day of work, a day's pay or a day of class. Well things don't get done here on the forum.

Change happens in Jefferson City. It's your right that is on the line. OC rights won't happen here or just wishing for them. Constitutional carry wil never happen until we have preemption for open carry. Many have already said they'll bite the bullet and go to these events. some are pooling people together for car pooling. (Very green)

The results, the future of OC rights is up to you. Many will travel long distances and make the effort, others just post. If we fail, we fail. All we can do is try and sacrifice for the cause. No whinning, especially if you don't show up. I don't give a rats a@@ about your boss, just do it!

I'll see many of you the March 26th and April 18th. (Happy Birthday to me)

MSPGUNNER

Last edited:

Oramac

It's unlikely that I'll make the 26th, but I've already requested off for April 18th. I'll be there!

Boba Fett

I'm considering skipping all my classes on the 26th...let me check and make sure I don't have a test. Would like to carpool from Springfield area.

mspgunner

I'm considering skipping all my classes on the 26th...let me check and make sure I don't have a test. Would like to carpool from Springfield area.

The bill will most certainly pass general laws and a few speakers have coordinated what we will say and will will be speaking first by choice of the sponsoring Senator (Nieves), he may have others to speak early, that is his option according the way the hearings are conducted. I know of at least two other 2A groups who will be sending speakers to represent their organization or as registered lobbyists. Certainly everyone/anyone is welcome to attend and speak. The time will be divided up according to the number of speakers. It will not be much time as there are three bills to be heard in a period of 2 hours. If no one peaker against the bill it may be voted on upon conclusion of the hearing.... We can only hope.

dumpnpump

Not too familiar with forum, please bear with me

So as an Illinois resident who is not too familiar with the OC forum, does Missouri now have OC???

Beowulf

We currently have OC. The issue is making it uniform throughout the state. Currently Missouri law is a bit "quirky" in that the preemption statute preempts all other firearm law with the exception of the regulation of Open Carry. So, it is generally legal to OC a firearm, but cities/municipalities might ban it or only allow it if you have a conceal carry permit.

mspgunner

We have always had OC, but the state currently allows cities/counties to ban it or not.

To be more specific: See Mo. Statute 21.750.3
3. Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with the provisions of section 252.243.

mspgunner

April 9th in Jefferson City

A lot of good progress on 2A bills today in J.City, one bad one , to have to tell a school your child attende that you own a firearm (SB124) - IT IS D-E-A-D! Another SB352 dealing with gun buy backs went well with all members of the committee but they have not voted on it. and SB372 - related to CCW instructoirs for the most part was with drawn. All in al a good day. Some privare discussion on other 2A Bills (!!!)was productive, we'll have to wait and see team.....

Festus_Hagen

A lot of good progress on 2A bills today in J.City, one bad one , to have to tell a school your child attende that you own a firearm (SB124) - IT IS D-E-A-D! Another SB352 dealing with gun buy backs went well with all members of the committee but they have not voted on it. and SB372 - related to CCW instructoirs for the most part was with drawn. All in al a good day. Some privare discussion on other 2A Bills (!!!)was productive, we'll have to wait and see team.....
We had a pretty decent day all in all . Let's see where all this lands now. :)