Thread: please hit this poll re: overturning CO magazine ban

please hit this poll re: overturning CO magazine ban

You need to vote "yes", saying you would want to overturn a magazine ban if it went into effect.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinionpolls

Banned
    polls ain't going to overturn a law ... vote if you wish .. but your time could be better spent at this point in time

Hit the poll. Also 68% on the poll would vote to overturn the law.

Banned
    I hit the poll. I found that it wasted my time far less than reading the second post in this thread did!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I hit the poll. I found that it wasted my time far less than reading the second post in this thread did!
    Ahhh..I see what you did there ... but of course, this too is a fruitless effort to overturn a law ... good try though !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkegal View Post
    you need to vote "yes" "for", saying you would want to overturn a magazine ban if it went into effect.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinionpolls
    fify
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    polls ain't going to overturn a law ... vote if you wish .. but your time could be better spent at this point in time
    The point of such a poll is to see if an initiative to overturn the law is likely to pass. So yes, a poll like this can ultimately lead to the overturning of a law.

Banned
    Actually, I think the purpose of the poll was to prove that the People supported the ban. I am sure that the Denver Post thought the results would be overwhelming in the other direction. So, yes, this can help pass a ballot initiative by proving the leftists at the Denver Post wrong.

Hit it. 2:1 pro-2A.

For. I oppose the limit and would vote to overturn the bill. 67413 Votes, or 68.98 %

Against. I support the limit and would vote to uphold the bill. 30078 Votes, or 30.78 % Unsure.

I haven't decided yet. 226 Votes, or 0.231 %

Post Poll - Overturn Gun Bill?

Assuming state House Bill 1224, which limits gun magazines to 15 rounds, will become law, how would you vote on a 2014 ballot measure to overturn it?
    Total Votes = 100986
    For. I oppose the limit and would vote to overturn the bill.
    70669 Votes, or 69.97 %
    Against. I support the limit and would vote to uphold the bill.
    30091 Votes, or 29.79 %
    Unsure. I haven't decided yet.
    226 Votes, or 0.223 %

It seems that the citizenry from outside the Denver area is making their voices heard.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Initiatives cost money and donations to the initiative are far easier to garner when potential donors believe that the initiative has a better than even chance to be passed the voters.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare