• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

There a bill hearing on 3-19-13 regarding Insurance mandates?????

davidmcbeth

Banned
Atta boy Davey...that'll show 'em......WTF!? Your part of the reason the anti's think we gun owners are just a bunch of irresponsible, uneducated, embreds.

Let us not forget she ( Bye ) is the same one who was caught surfing on FB during some of the testimonies a couple weeks back.

Irresponsible, uneducated, embreds....??

I think you worry too much about what people think of you ... the sticking out of the tongue is a time honored why of expressing disapproval.

I think my testimony speaks for itself. You were free to come down and stick your tongue out too :rolleyes:

You would sit there with a smile on your face while they take away your rights though ?

Last edited:

LibertyUberAlles

so, back on topic; people argue car insurance is mandatory, so gun insurance should be too.
but in many states, including here in CT, car insurance is NOT mandatory. Also, driving a vehicle is not mentioned anywhere in the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights, and is a privilege not a right. whereas owning/carrying guns IS protected by the Constitution, and IS an inalienable right, Not a privilege

And I am NOT required to insure my truck that never leaves my farmland in Litchfield county. It is a "yard truck" that never hits public road ways (OK well almost never -- sometimes I take a shortcut from the south 40 up to the barn -- but don't tell anyone). So certainly there are exceptions even to the "you need car insurance" rule and, for that reason and Moto's reasons above, the argument just does not translate to firearms.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Slightly off topic

The handgun in my holster IS my insurance.

My next level is my attorney.

You do not want to meet either in an adversary position.