• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Sparks Apartment Controversy

MKEgal

This is ridiculous!
At least the troublemaker is being evicted.
FUQs, with comments...:
A Port Washington man who will soon face eviction proceedings has been causing quite the ruckus at his apartment because of a neighbor who owns a gun — even though the woman said she does not store it at her residence.
Might wanna rethink that, esp. now that it's been published for every criminal to read.

The woman was doing her laundry when the man entered, eventually beginning to argue with her about owning a gun; the woman said she felt "intimidated" and yelled back in hopes he would back down.
With the guy being drunk, yelling probably won't work.

This is the second day in a row that police had made contact with this man about the issue... Police advised the man not to contact the woman again, or it would result in either a citation or an arrest.
Why wait for the third strike? He's the one commiting disorderly conduct, repeatedly, despite being told to behave himself. The woman felt intimidated. (Apparently he'd cornered her in the laundry room... and if he didn't have laundry to do, then he went there specifically to harass & intimidate her.)

Last edited: