• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunsmith/Gun coloring

AFCop

Ok, I need to find someone on the Hampton Roads area that does "gun painting," Not sure if that is what you'd call it. But my wife wants a pink gun and they are hard to come by, so my plan is to purchase a glock (19/23) and take it some place who can change the colors to pink (slide, trigger and mag plates).

Any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA

SPOProds

Atleast it's got a good stipple now :rolleyes:

I suggest cerakote. In my experience it looks better than duracoat YMMV I'm not an expert

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
[h=1]How to Paint Plastic Toys[/h]http://www.ehow.com/how_7729812_paint-plastic-toys.html

rofl-smiley-gif-800.gif

SPOProds

Thought out response: I say krylon fusion the trigger and mag plates yourself. Then get the slide cerakoted/durcoated by someone else.

wrearick

sent you a PM. Here is the end result on my wife's gun (almost end result. These were taken before he trimmed up the edges. I will have to take some new final shots.
IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg
IMG_4557.jpg
IMG_6583.jpg

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I had TTI (in Ashland) Duracoat my Remington 700 Hot Pink. I absolutely love it! Id attach a pic but the only ones I have are on my phone.

Depending on your phone you can link your computer to your pics, for posting. I on the other hand have a dinosaur for a phone, no pictures, no texting, no apps, just talk. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip-- I on the other hand have a dinosaur for a phone, no pictures, no texting, no apps, just talk. :lol:

How long is the string?

When I went to get a new phone, I wanted only good volume, quality pictures and texting. Was hard to find and a sales rep said but look at all of these features you get "for" free. Didn't want them at half that price.

The one thing I truly wish they had on cell phones is a genuine, enhanced caller ID - not just IDing the parties in your address book. I dispise getting unknown/not IDd calls. Always let them go to voice mail - if they don't leave a message then they don't want to talk to me.

Oh and neither my cell phone nor my 1911 are hot pink :)