• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunsmith/Gun coloring

WalkingWolf

How long is the string?

When I went to get a new phone, I wanted only good volume, quality pictures and texting. Was hard to find and a sales rep said but look at all of these features you get "for" free. Didn't want them at half that price.

The one thing I truly wish they had on cell phones is a genuine, enhanced caller ID - not just IDing the parties in your address book. I dispise getting unknown/not IDd calls. Always let them go to voice mail - if they don't leave a message then they don't want to talk to me.

Oh and neither my cell phone nor my 1911 are hot pink :)

No string, but the battery cover is duct taped to the back. :uhoh:

No pink, not even the duct tape...:lol:

WalkingWolf

I am OTD (Older Than Dirt) and all my guns are made of steel.

I never considered a Glocks to be real guns.

Old also, but my 1911 has plastic grips(Vietnam era) my PA-63 (old Russian gun) has plastic grips also. I think the old Colt SAA had hard rubber grips.

scouser

I am OTD (Older Than Dirt) and all my guns are made of steel.

I never considered a Glocks to be real guns.

... sits here waiting for the story of the Glock salesman to be told ... probably too much typing involved to get the written version, was funny when you told it face to face a few weeks ago ...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I would take a Glock, if someone gave one to me...

So would I - but then again I'd also take a High Point if someone gave it to me. Both of them generally go "BANG!" when you swivel the criminal dispersal lever.

Biggest trouble with a Glock (or High Point or other Tupperware type pistol) is that unless you paint them it is near impossible for anybody to know you have turned it into a BBQ gun.

stay safe.

va_tazdad

You are correct!

... sits here waiting for the story of the Glock salesman to be told ... probably too much typing involved to get the written version, was funny when you told it face to face a few weeks ago ...

;>) As far as I cared, that moron should have never been let out of the drunk tank!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
;>) As far as I cared, that moron should have never been let out of the drunk tank!

Glocks and CHP's go hand in hand. Hide it so people don't make fun of you:uhoh:

I kinda like my Glock. It makes a great beater so I don't wear the purty off my real guns.:lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Glocks and CHP's go hand in hand. Hide it so people don't make fun of you:uhoh:

Truth being spoken.

I kinda like my Glock. It makes a great beater so I don't wear the purty off my real guns.:lol:

If it was really, truely purty it would never wear off.

Unless it was some gun only a New Orleans pimp would wear.:p

stay safe.