Thread: Open carry with CPL
I have a CPL and I also openly carry. I have always wondered what legal problems could arise if I was openly carrying and wearing a waist length jacket that covered 50% (i.e. top half) of my gun. Am I in violation of concealed carry laws because part of my gun can be seen? Am I in violation of open carry laws because half of my gun is covered? Or neither? Thanks for your opinions.
My reasons to OC
1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
5. Because I can and want to
6. Because it's perfectly legal
7. Self defense
Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.
I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.
Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.