• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL application questions

pawn99

I was wondering if i could find the forms online and do it on my computer. Also do you have to write a Written procedure or something? explaining why i'm chooseing to get my cpl. I've never done this before and i wanna do it right and not get denied or something bec i messed up something.

jfmi

Michigan.gov has a PDF you can fill it out with Adobe PDF Reader or other PDF software and print it out: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf but there's no way around physically going to your county clerk's office to turn it in with the fee and doing the fingerprinting afterwards. Since Michigan is a "shall issue" state you technically don't need a reason (nor need to write/state one on the application) if you meet the requirements outlined in the same PDF I linked, but from what I hear some county gun boards like Macomb still like to hassle people.

Last edited:

pawn99

Michigan.gov has a PDF you can fill it out with Adobe PDF Reader or other PDF software and print it out: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf but there's no way around physically going to your county clerk's office to turn it in with the fee and doing the fingerprinting afterwards. Since Michigan is a "shall issue" state you technically don't need a reason (nor need to write/state one on the application) if you meet the requirements outlined in the same PDF I linked, but from what I hear some county gun boards like Macomb still like to hassle people.

Awesome thanks. As i said i didnt wanna find i had to write or state on the application why im obtaining a cpl and get denied bec i didnt. And i meet all the reqirements on the pdf. Passed the class and all that junk.

Last edited: