Thread: Traverse City Open Carry Events

Traverse City Open Carry Events

Just wondering if anybody holds one in traverse city, and if not how many would be interested in helping make it happen? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cstrumble View Post
    Just wondering if anybody holds one in traverse city, and if not how many would be interested in helping make it happen? Thanks
    I'm trying to get a venue for an OC seminar...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I'm trying to get a venue for an OC seminar...
    Perhaps Gander Mountain?

3500 MarketPlace Cir; Suite B
    Traverse City, MI 49684
    231-929-5590
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Perhaps Gander Mountain?

3500 MarketPlace Cir; Suite B
    Traverse City, MI 49684
    231-929-5590
    Called them last week. They were going to look into it and call me back.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Called them last week. They were going to look into it and call me back.
    how about the armory or shooters in traverse city

I suspect you know Traverse City better than TheQ or I do, you could call around and see if a restaurant would be good for a lunch or find a venue with room for a seminar and then you could pass the info to TheQ as he is a very busy fellow.
    Last edited by Raggs; 03-18-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

I suspect you know Traverse City better than TheQ or I do, you could call around and see if a restaurant would be good for a lunch or find a venue with room for a seminar and then you could pass the info to TheQ as he is a very busy fellow.
    sure thing i will see what i can do tomorrow. The Armory of traverse city has a facebook page and holds cpl classes there but i like the idea of a lunch lol. Will talk to some supporters tomorrow and try to find a good supportive venue and report back to you. Thanks!

Shooters wants to charge us $30/hour. If they don't want to donate their conference room to the largest OC org and one of the largest gun orgs in the state -- who will bring many people into their store *shrugs*. We're not in the habbit of paying for space. Maybe someone local could change their mind?

Shooters wants to charge us $30/hour. If they don't want to donate their conference room to the largest OC org and one of the largest gun orgs in the state -- who will bring many people into their store *shrugs*. We're not in the habbit of paying for space. Maybe someone local could change their mind?
    ive shot there a few times, its a nice range and would be nice to be able to offer the conference in a place people could also shoot but the few times ive been in there it seems as though they are looking at it as more of a business than lifestyle and can fully understand that they would charge let me talk to the guys at the armory tomorrow and see what they think. It seems to be traverse citys new "place to be" for firearms and ammunition

ive shot there a few times, its a nice range and would be nice to be able to offer the conference in a place people could also shoot but the few times ive been in there it seems as though they are looking at it as more of a business than lifestyle and can fully understand that they would charge let me talk to the guys at the armory tomorrow and see what they think. It seems to be traverse citys new "place to be" for firearms and ammunition
    Stopped by the armory here in traverse city today. They said they would be more than happy to have the event just need a heads up on the date as any place would. The downside to there location is there is only room for about 30 people which i think would be well exceeded with any sort of advertising. I will continue to ask around.

Stopped by the armory here in traverse city today. They said they would be more than happy to have the event just need a heads up on the date as any place would. The downside to there location is there is only room for about 30 people which i think would be well exceeded with any sort of advertising. I will continue to ask around.
    30 people is fine. If you could write me with the contact information, I'll set it up.

PHofmeister@miopencarry.org

That's funny

My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

That's funny
    What's funny is you think it's funny but have yet to pay your dues.

OK that's even funnier. When did ocdo start having dues?

What's funny is you think it's funny but have yet to pay your dues.
    Last edited by Raggs; 03-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

30 people is fine. If you could write me with the contact information, I'll set it up.

PHofmeister@miopencarry.org
    The Armory
    807 Airport Access rd
    Traverse City, Mi
    (231) 421-8233

Do you have a rundown on the conference. I would just like to get the word out as to what all the seminar includes. Thanks

Do you have a rundown on the conference. I would just like to get the word out as to what all the seminar includes. Thanks
    We have a boilerplate seminar announcement that we will post once it is organized.

We have a boilerplate seminar announcement that we will post once it is organized.
    ok if theres anything else u need ill be here. Thx

Glad to hear that you guys found a free location!! I didnt realize that the armory had a conferance room or I would have called them after I got the "30$ an hour" info from shooters. I will be attending the event if I am in town that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by NMadole View Post
    Glad to hear that you guys found a free location!! I didnt realize that the armory had a conferance room or I would have called them after I got the "30$ an hour" info from shooters. I will be attending the event if I am in town that weekend
    its not so much a conference room as a back room of there gunsmith shop but they hold cpl classes there and it has the room to be able to do a decent gathering.