• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traverse City Open Carry Events

Raggs

how about the armory or shooters in traverse city

I suspect you know Traverse City better than TheQ or I do, you could call around and see if a restaurant would be good for a lunch or find a venue with room for a seminar and then you could pass the info to TheQ as he is a very busy fellow.

Last edited:

cstrumble

I suspect you know Traverse City better than TheQ or I do, you could call around and see if a restaurant would be good for a lunch or find a venue with room for a seminar and then you could pass the info to TheQ as he is a very busy fellow.

sure thing i will see what i can do tomorrow. The Armory of traverse city has a facebook page and holds cpl classes there but i like the idea of a lunch lol. Will talk to some supporters tomorrow and try to find a good supportive venue and report back to you. Thanks!

TheQ

how about the armory or shooters in traverse city

Shooters wants to charge us $30/hour. If they don't want to donate their conference room to the largest OC org and one of the largest gun orgs in the state -- who will bring many people into their store *shrugs*. We're not in the habbit of paying for space. Maybe someone local could change their mind?

cstrumble

Shooters wants to charge us $30/hour. If they don't want to donate their conference room to the largest OC org and one of the largest gun orgs in the state -- who will bring many people into their store *shrugs*. We're not in the habbit of paying for space. Maybe someone local could change their mind?

ive shot there a few times, its a nice range and would be nice to be able to offer the conference in a place people could also shoot but the few times ive been in there it seems as though they are looking at it as more of a business than lifestyle and can fully understand that they would charge let me talk to the guys at the armory tomorrow and see what they think. It seems to be traverse citys new "place to be" for firearms and ammunition

cstrumble

ive shot there a few times, its a nice range and would be nice to be able to offer the conference in a place people could also shoot but the few times ive been in there it seems as though they are looking at it as more of a business than lifestyle and can fully understand that they would charge let me talk to the guys at the armory tomorrow and see what they think. It seems to be traverse citys new "place to be" for firearms and ammunition

Stopped by the armory here in traverse city today. They said they would be more than happy to have the event just need a heads up on the date as any place would. The downside to there location is there is only room for about 30 people which i think would be well exceeded with any sort of advertising. I will continue to ask around.

TheQ

Stopped by the armory here in traverse city today. They said they would be more than happy to have the event just need a heads up on the date as any place would. The downside to there location is there is only room for about 30 people which i think would be well exceeded with any sort of advertising. I will continue to ask around.

30 people is fine. If you could write me with the contact information, I'll set it up.

PHofmeister@miopencarry.org

Raggs

That's funny

NMadole

Glad to hear that you guys found a free location!! I didnt realize that the armory had a conferance room or I would have called them after I got the "30$ an hour" info from shooters. I will be attending the event if I am in town that weekend

cstrumble

Glad to hear that you guys found a free location!! I didnt realize that the armory had a conferance room or I would have called them after I got the "30$ an hour" info from shooters. I will be attending the event if I am in town that weekend

its not so much a conference room as a back room of there gunsmith shop but they hold cpl classes there and it has the room to be able to do a decent gathering.