• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arrest Warrants.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Most places I a aware of, Magistrates and not judges are the ones issuing arrest warrants.

stay safe.

georg jetson

It's state specific. You'll want to refer to your state's "separation of powers" clause in its constitution. Also, in the constitution find which branch of government has been given the power to issue process. Then, search your rules of criminal procedure.

ldsgeek

I know in New Hampshire that a Justice of the Peace can sign the warrant (I became a JOP so I could perform my sons wedding), I think the police need to generate the actual warrant though.