Thread: Friend or Foe Website Gets National Attention (Established by One of Our Own)

Founder's Club Member

Friend or Foe Website Gets National Attention (Established by One of Our Own)

National Review Online covers the story and blends it with Tom Gresham's discovery of the hostility of the Wounded Warrior Project to gun owners and gun companies:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-frank-miniter

Snip:

Chris Walsh didn’t set out to punish businesses that don’t allow him to carry his concealed handgun. He’s just a software designer from Richmond, Va. He started the website Friend or Foe in 2009 to keep track of where he could shop and eat without running afoul of business policies and local regulations. But then gun owners started using his website. As word got out on gun-rights blogs, people began adding more business ratings to Friend or Foe, highlighting the establishments that ban firearms and those that don’t. Before long, Walsh found he’d become an activist, and his fast-growing website was helping to fortify a civil-liberties movement. He’s okay with that. He has big plans for how to separate friends of the Second Amendment from foes....
    Last edited by jmelvin; 03-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.

I wonder if Glenn Beck knows about this? Aren't these the same folks he raised over 5 million dollars for a couple years back?

Beck has been hitting Second Amendment issues pretty hard lately, I can't imagine this would be something he can sit back and let alone.

TFred

ETA: Apparently Beck was working with the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, not the "Wounded Warriors Project", much to the chagrin of the HuffPo.
    Last edited by TFred; 03-18-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: ETA: Update my own misinformation.

Founder's Club Member
    I don't keep up with Beck so maybe someone else knows. On the occasion that I catch a bit of his show, it sounds like he has been discussing firearms and self defense a bit as of late.

Neat site, just rated a whole bunch of places.