• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo?!?

PDXsoccerguy

anyone still have a decent cache and able to shoot? I can't seem to find any ammo in the greater Portland/Vancouver area. Went up to Wholesale Sports in Vancouver yesterday and they are closed for remodeling, stopped by the Walmart in Camas on my way back and they didn't have anything. Can find some online (lucky gunner dot com) for an unreasonable amount of money.

Checked on armslist as well and the same story.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have been finding restocked shelves on occasion in my area. I picked up a brick of .22 for US$25 and some .223 for under ten. I saw a guy that had just rec'd a dozen or so stripped AR lowers for US$225. A bit rich for me.
I got an alert for .223 by email, but before I could reply they sold out. US$6.99 a box w/a 500 max (aim surp)

We-the-People

Walmart here in Medford had 350 rounds of remington 55gr .223 last night. Went off the shelf as I was standing there.....every last round. It had been on the shelf a couple of hours.

I'd say start reloading but even components are in short (i.e. non-existent) supply on the internet as well as local shelves. Primers, powder, and projectiles are bare shelves. AR's go out the door within hours of arrival along with most other competitors to the AR's.

Hang in there but I would recommend conserving ammo until it's available again.

Fibresteve

Call Wal Mart and ask what time their truck arrives. The trick is to be at the gun counter when they are unboxing the ammo. At my local Wal Mart all the ammo is usually gone in a couple of hours. They actually had ten 50 round boxes of Remington .223 come in on Wednesday. Got my 3 box limit :)

Cremator75

I can't remember if it's Oregon or Washington, but one of the states has a law that stores can't limit the quantity of product you buy. If it's in stock, they have to sell it to you. They can only limit how many you buy at a certain price if it happens to be on sale.

I wish you could find that again.

Fibresteve

All the stores in WA that I have been to (Wal Mart, Bob's Sorting Goods) have limits right now on how much ammo you can buy per visit per day.

DamonK

I have no problem with limits what so ever. Especially right now. It's the folks running around buying up case after case that are continuing to encourage the ammo shortage. If folks would just chill the hell out for a second and buy like they did before everyone panicked then the prices would drop back down and the shelves would be full again. Instead, knuckleheads are stashing thousands of rounds away. Like you'll be able to keep that with you if the SHTF. Seriously people, you're messing with my practice ammo!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2