• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2-4 Extra weeks to get me my permit?! Is this legal?!

Trent91

So I called OSBI today because it has been past the 90 day mark since they received my application. I was under the belief that it was Oklahoma law that they MUST give you your permit if they have not denied it within the 90 days.

The woman on the phone said,"It has been past the 90 days, but due to the volume of applications we have been receiving, it may take an extra 2-4 weeks. If you have not received your license or a letter from us by the middle of April, go ahead and give us a call back."

Can they do that?! Has anyone had any luck forcing their hand past the 90 day mark? I know that they are swamped, but that's a little ridiculous.

jrz_dad

So I called OSBI today because it has been past the 90 day mark since they received my application. I was under the belief that it was Oklahoma law that they MUST give you your permit if they have not denied it within the 90 days.

The woman on the phone said,"It has been past the 90 days, but due to the volume of applications we have been receiving, it may take an extra 2-4 weeks. If you have not received your license or a letter from us by the middle of April, go ahead and give us a call back."

Can they do that?! Has anyone had any luck forcing their hand past the 90 day mark? I know that they are swamped, but that's a little ridiculous.

"patience is a virtue" - I understand how FRUSTRATING it is but do try to see it from their perspective...they are SWAMPED...just food for thought

Trent91

Yes, I called them yesterday morning. They called me back about an hour ago and told me what I said in the post. That, even though it is already past the 90 day mark, it will probably be another 2-4 weeks. :mad:

Trent91

"patience is a virtue" - I understand how FRUSTRATING it is but do try to see it from their perspective...they are SWAMPED...just food for thought

Trust me, I know. I realize that they're at record high numbers of applications right now, but I don't feel like that should be grounds to restrict my rights for an extra entire month.

That's just me talking.

jrz_dad

Trust me, I know. I realize that they're at record high numbers of applications right now, but I don't feel like that should be grounds to restrict my rights for an extra entire month.

That's just me talking.

I dont disagree with you Trent...it IS frustrating to say the least but again, be patient, be persistent too...never hurts to call and check on the "progress" they are making on it...it will be worth it in the end my friend...just be professional with them too...no need to give them any reason to deny it (like them 'losing' the app or fabricating some other delay tactic)...Hang in there buddy!! :)

Trent91

I dont disagree with you Trent...it IS frustrating to say the least but again, be patient, be persistent too...never hurts to call and check on the "progress" they are making on it...it will be worth it in the end my friend...just be professional with them too...no need to give them any reason to deny it (like them 'losing' the app or fabricating some other delay tactic)...Hang in there buddy!! :)

Haha you make a great point!

WalkingWolf

That is nothing compared to NC, some counties are throttling the acceptance of applications. In some cases over four months before they will allow a person to submit a application, then it is around another 5 weeks before they issue the permit.

Trent91

Update

Just thought I'd give an update on my situation in case anyone else is going through the same thing.

I origionaly created this thread when I called OSBI on the 19th of March (which, of course, was already past the 90 days). I received an email from OSBI on the 1st of April saying that it is going to be 2-3 MORE weeks before I can expect my permit.

At this point, I'm not sure which is going to come first. The second coming, or my permit.

:banghead:

Okiefarmr

Just received my permit today. It was submitted on 1-29-13. You can always call them to see what might be holding up approval.

Gary S

I hope those of you just getting your permits would be joining us at our lunches this month. We would love to see you all there. And feel free to bring your friends and family.