• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona rated best state for gun owners!

azcdlfred

Guns and Ammo magazine recently rated all the states on how they treat the right to bear arms. Arizona was rated #1.

States were measured on “gun rights/friendliness to gun owners” by the following criteria:

• CCW/Open Carry laws.
  • Treatment of “sporting” rifles (ARs, AKs, etc.).
  • Treatment of Class 3/NFA firearms.
  • Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground.
  • Miscellaneous issues like restrictions on gun or ammo purchases, magazine capacity, CCW reciprocity, etc.
All you need to do is look at AzCDL’s accomplishments to see why we are rated #1.

We are proud that AzCDL’s efforts, with your support, have garnered this high rating for Arizona from such a prestigious publication. However, from our perspective there is a lot more that needs to be done to make Arizona truly a free state when it comes to honoring your constitutionally protected right to bear arms. With your continued support we can achieve that goal.

tattedupboy

Arizona is awesome (just don't tell that to antis who like to point to the Gabrielle Giffords shooting as the reason Arizona needs more gun control)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

exelci

Arizona #1. i love it specially right now that im on my way to california, i was starting to take for granted that relaxing sensation of having 9-230gr gold dots in your hip at ALL times.. i guess ill just HAVE to call 911 and wait 2 1/2 minutes for help if i run in to trouble.

God bless The U.S.A and ALL of its freedom.

gunslinger493

Arizona is awesome!

I moved out here in May of 2012. I left a company that I could have easily retired from i.e I would have had my job there as long as I wanted it. One of the main reason for me relocating the AZ was the gun laws. I love open carry!

cch10000

I persoanally don't care for some AZ gun laws

!. Can't OC in a polling place, WTF why not

2. Can't OC in a resturant WTF Why not

Then only good news there is you don't have to have a CHP/CCW UNLESS you want to carry in certain places

Like some of their laws don't care for the others

Do Not think they are #1

tattedupboy

I persoanally don't care for some AZ gun laws

!. Can't OC in a polling place, WTF why not

2. Can't OC in a resturant WTF Why not

Then only good news there is you don't have to have a CHP/CCW UNLESS you want to carry in certain places

Like some of their laws don't care for the others

Do Not think they are #1

No state is perfect. All things considered though (ie, what people are allowed to carry and possess, whether or not a permit is required for carrying, off limits places, magazine capacity restrictions, attitude toward assault weapons and MSRs, etc.) no state overall is as friendly toward gun owners as Arizona is.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A200 tab using Tapatalk HD

azcdlfred

I personally don't care for some AZ gun laws
Neither do we (AzCDL), and our goal is to constantly move Arizona towards becoming a truly free state when it comes to your right to bear arms. If you are a member of AzCDL we thank you for your support, if you are not an AzCDL member, I urge you to join and help us make a difference.

Fred

Last edited:

Tactical9mm

No state is perfect. All things considered though (ie, what people are allowed to carry and possess, whether or not a permit is required for carrying, off limits places, magazine capacity restrictions, attitude toward assault weapons and MSRs, etc.) no state overall is as friendly toward gun owners as Arizona is.

As a resident of New Hampshire I disagree with that assessment. The ONLY thing Arizona has going for it that New Hampshire does not is a form of constitutional carry. Arizona is good, I would agree, but the best? Hardly.

tattedupboy

As a resident of New Hampshire I disagree with that assessment. The ONLY thing Arizona has going for it that New Hampshire does not is a form of constitutional carry. Arizona is good, I would agree, but the best? Hardly.

Even before Arizona had constitutional carry, unlicensed open carry in a vehicle was legal there. Try doing that in New Hampshire. Nevertheless, my definition of what makes a state the "best" won't be the same as everyone else's, and neither will yours. One thing I believe both of us can agree on is that both AZ and NH are a hell of a lot better than places like PRDC, PRIL, PRNY, PRCA, PRHI, PRMA, PRNJ, PRMD, and PRRI.

The Trickster

Neither do we (AzCDL), and our goal is to constantly move Arizona towards becoming a truly free state when it comes to your right to bear arms. If you are a member of AzCDL we thank you for your support, if you are not an AzCDL member, I urge you to join and help us make a difference.

Fred

I am very pleased with the AzCDL and I'm proud to be a member. Keep up the good work!

FreeInAZ

Fred

THIS^^^ being from the detroit area originally I can say without a doubt having a large group of freedom loving members (8,000) strong + makes a huge difference. In MI it is nearly impossible to get a pro rights(2A) bill out of committee in their state legislature. Thank God for AZCDL! The two things I did immediately after coming to AZ: #1 join AzCDL, #2 Buy a copy of the AZ gun owners guide by Alan Korwin. :D

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Kentucky is fifth?

HAHA. This is rigged!

Arizona has laws concerning NFA items -- Kentucky does not.

Arizona restricts more places where carry is allowed than Kentucky does.

Arizona LAW specifically allows an officer to disarm you at traffic stops -- Kentucky law specifically prohibits such actions.

Arizona's CCDW is NOT recognized by 37 states like Kentucky's is.

Carry is allowed in ALL government buildings in Kentucky (other than K-12 schools and COJ facilities) -- this is not the case in Arizona.

Kentucky has a parking lot protection law that protects EVERY parking lot other than those that are on Detention Facility property (even K-12 schools) -- Arizona does NOT!

Kentucky has castle doctrine and stand your ground laws. We are protected from civil and criminal liability and we are also granted damages if ANY law enforcement agency arrests us for an act protected under KRS chapter 503. http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/503-00/CHAPTER.HTM

In Kentucky you can carry ANY firearm at the age of 18 without a license. This means NFA items and other such items, which are NOT regulated by Kentucky law -- only Federal law.

In Kentucky you can carry a firearm or OTHER DEADLY WEAPON in your vehicle in any factory storage compartment or openly without a license.

In Kentucky you do NOT have to state that you are armed if asked by an officer and you are actually armed.

In Kentucky "No Guns" signs do NOT have the force of law.

In Kentucky, we have VERY STRONG preemption and no government other than the Kentucky General Assembly can make laws concerning firearms.

In Kentucky, local governments CANNOT prohibit firearms anywhere!

I could go on and on, but I don't believe there is any need! I am tired of people looking over Kentucky, when we have THE BEST laws in the country when it comes to those of us that go about our day armed.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

According to KRS 527.020 it looks like the answer is NO. They can have it in the vehicle but not on their " person" unlike AZ where one can drive while properly armed. ;)What's the big deal you say? In KY without a permit the driver must keep firearms stowed without a permit, might make getting to it a little tough in a do or die situation....:rolleyes:

AZ is far from perfect, but as to the vast numbers of people who can protect themselves in everyday life if they want to (even while driving) it is hard to beat AZ in my honest opinion.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Can you post a link please? I got that from a PDF on uscarry, which is geared toward Cc, so that maybe where I got off track. None the less - we can carry open or discreet ( what you call concealed ) without a permit in a vehicle. I'd say we beat you there, correct?

Last edited:

Tactical9mm

There is no State that is a Shangri-La for the RKBA. Every State has an Achilles heel. New Hampshire's is not alcohol.

For me, I pay $10 every four years. I've never had to submit fingerprints, or take a safety course. As a resident in New Hampshire, if you are legally allowed to possess a firearm there is nothing standing in your way to obtain a pistol license. We're shall issue, and the process takes less then two weeks.

Once licensed, we can do whatever we wish regarding modes of carry. The only "off-limits" area is a courthouse.

Regardless, "best" is a very subjective term. All of us, in whatever State we reside are one election away from potentially losing our rights.

The big issue today is reaffirming that we are a Republic, and not a democracy. 51% voting should not mean that anything they want can be legislated. Certain things like the bill of rights needs to be sacrosanct, regardless of what political party is in office at the time. A Republic exists to prevent the mob-rule that is "democracy".

Local groups like the ones mentioned in this thread are what all States need to impede the potential erosion of Liberty. I wish them all success.

Last edited:

azcdlfred

All states are far from perfect when it comes to protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

Guns and Ammo used specific criteria that they felt were important. Arizona came out on top. As y'all have shown, using different criteria laws in your state are superior to Arizona's.

Rather than turn this thread into a dick measuring contest, wouldn't it be better to look inward to see what can be done to further restore freedom in our own states? That's what we (AzCDL) plan on doing.

Fred

The Trickster

Rather than turn this thread into a dick measuring contest, wouldn't it be better to look inward to see what can be done to further restore freedom in our own states? That's what we (AzCDL) plan on doing.

I agree. There's no point in getting all worked up over insecurities concerning an entirely subjective matter.