• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling to california.

exelci

Hi all i need your help and advise one more time..

Im traveling to california on some time of from work with family & i would love to take at least a couple of my guns with me just in case i get bored i can always "hit the range" anyways i will be traveling by amtrak is threre any special box or anything i should buy for my guns? with some special lock or something? Another important question can i know if my pistols are CA legal? I would love to take both my USPC 45 and my Colt New Agent.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

acmariner99

You can check firearms on Amtrak like you do if you fly. If you have magazines larger than 10 rounds, they are illegal to bring into California. If the handguns are unloaded and in a secure container you should be fine.

exelci

thank you very much guys im on my way now. i brought my uspc45 left the Fsn and the new agent home i checked that webpage that tells you wich guns are legal in CA & i didnt see the new agent only the defender the 5.7 was there but no point in bringing it with out the 20rndrs & im not gonna buy some 10rndrs just to visit CA.

stay safe.