Thread: A little more ammo for our protection

A little more ammo for our protection

Further clarification

Fourth Circuit Finds That Carrying a Firearm in an Open-Carry State Does Not Create Reasonable Suspicion and Provides Thorough Analysis of the "Free to Leave" Standard of Seizure

http://www.fedagent.com/columns/case...ard-of-seizure

Wow! Sitting in your car at a gas station is suspicious? Wonder what they'd think if you were sitting on your bicycle at that same gas station?

It seems that the advice given often on this forum about not handing over ID is really good.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Ah, this is the same case that was discussed here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...om-4th-Circuit

Unfortunate that a criminal got off, but yes, a good case for the rest of us, and it was published as well.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Ah, this is the same case that was discussed here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...om-4th-Circuit

Unfortunate that a criminal got off, but yes, a good case for the rest of us, and it was published as well.

TFred
    What puzzles me is that this came out of the 4th district.
    Whatever happened to the cop is always right even when he's wrong...in the 4th?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    What puzzles me is that this came out of the 4th district.
    Whatever happened to the cop is always right even when he's wrong...in the 4th?
    Even the 9th has been issuing out pro-gun stuff ...

I don't know if this is the answer (I don't think it is), but the past few weeks, as we've seen several good opinions come out of various courts across the country, the point has not been lost on me that it used to be that we feared courts, specifically the activist judges.

It appears to me that at both the Federal level and in various states, the Administrative and Legislative branches have so far swerved to the left, even those SAME courts we used to fear are now providing the sanity checks we so desperately need.

That may be a broad brush, but you get my point.

I don't think anyone in the Obama administration, or any of these late states to flush the 2nd Amendment down the toilet, believe for a minute that these laws will stand the scrutiny of the SCOTUS as it is currently configured. I think they are hoping one of the conservatives keels over, or at a minimum, to just get their will imposed for the two or three years it will take to work the case up to that top level smack-down.

I know one thing for sure, I am REALLY TIRED of hearing the Heller opinion's footnote (paraphrase: We don't purport to address what we presume to be lawful restrictions on guns) mistaken to be an affirmation that those restrictions ARE actually lawful. IANAL, but in my non-professional opinion, nothing could be further from the truth.

TFred