• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little more ammo for our protection

2a4all

Wow! Sitting in your car at a gas station is suspicious? Wonder what they'd think if you were sitting on your bicycle at that same gas station?

It seems that the advice given often on this forum about not handing over ID is really good.:eek:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

TFred

I don't know if this is the answer (I don't think it is), but the past few weeks, as we've seen several good opinions come out of various courts across the country, the point has not been lost on me that it used to be that we feared courts, specifically the activist judges.

It appears to me that at both the Federal level and in various states, the Administrative and Legislative branches have so far swerved to the left, even those SAME courts we used to fear are now providing the sanity checks we so desperately need.

That may be a broad brush, but you get my point.

I don't think anyone in the Obama administration, or any of these late states to flush the 2nd Amendment down the toilet, believe for a minute that these laws will stand the scrutiny of the SCOTUS as it is currently configured. I think they are hoping one of the conservatives keels over, or at a minimum, to just get their will imposed for the two or three years it will take to work the case up to that top level smack-down.

I know one thing for sure, I am REALLY TIRED of hearing the Heller opinion's footnote (paraphrase: We don't purport to address what we presume to be lawful restrictions on guns) mistaken to be an affirmation that those restrictions ARE actually lawful. IANAL, but in my non-professional opinion, nothing could be further from the truth.

TFred