Thread: Feinstein's bill is a no-go

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Feinstein's bill is a no-go

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-19-13-51-09

Harry Reid stuck his finger in the air and sensed the outcome of accommodating Feinstein's "Assault Weapons Ban bill," and decided not to include it in Senate legislation.

Yay!!!

But they can be sneaky so keep an eye out...

I wouldn't be surprised if they still try to push universal background checks. Fortunately, I don't think any of it will pass the House.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they still try to push universal background checks. Fortunately, I don't think any of it will pass the House.

TFred
    That's the problem TFred. Everyone is relaxing now and that's the worst thing that can happen. There are other bills and a lot of controls they can pass. Background checks would be worse than an AWB.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    That's the problem TFred. Everyone is relaxing now and that's the worst thing that can happen. There are other bills and a lot of controls they can pass. Background checks would be worse than an AWB.
    I agree, and not many people seem to realize that. As you say, this is a big problem!

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post

Harry Reid stuck his finger in the air and sensed the outcome of accommodating Feinstein's "Assault Weapons Ban bill," and decided not to include it in Senate legislation.
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...MojWf4E5DdVgwA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	10142  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Did anybody ever get an answer from our two on whether they had planned to vote for this?

TFred

It was always a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post

The Fascist bimbo knew she didn't have a chance of Congress supporting her stupidity. It was all for show.

Sadly, parts of America think shwe is right.

Fortunately, we live in Virginia, not Californicate where she has influence.

They only took the AWB off the table to get a guarantee of the High cap mag ban to pass, then they will attach the AWB to the end and sneak it through at the end

Both emailed me a reply

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Did anybody ever get an answer from our two on whether they had planned to vote for this?

TFred
    Same canned BS as last time. They were "reviewing all options" presented by Idiot joe and the other "respected" members on Comgress. (Like there are any that are respected???)

Quote Originally Posted by cch10000 View Post
    They only took the AWB off the table to get a guarantee of the High cap mag ban to pass, then they will attach the AWB to the end and sneak it through at the end
    DiFi was told the AWB, as a stand-alone, would never make it out alive.

Why did she give up without a hissy fit? Because she was told that she could add it as an amendmennt - to just about any other bill heding to the floor for a vote. This means we have to watch every single piece of legislation to make sure some version of AWB is not an extra, added surprise. Pretty sneaky, those Senators.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    I hear Harry Reid has a bunch of gun-friendly constituents in Nevada that he has to avoid offending, so he is in a position of being a democrat, who has to appear to disagree with his party on the 2A issue. Kind of a sticky wicket for him, and he has to play his cards right to walk both sides of that fence.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

The wife and I attended a Republican rally in York County this morning for Ken Cuccinelli. Congressman Rob Wittman was among the attendees, and I had a chance to ask him about the current gun legislation. (In truth, I told him "No, no, no to all of this gun stuff.") He said he agreed completely, and that he didn't think that any of the current bills would make it out of the Senate.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA