• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feinstein's bill is a no-go

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wouldn't be surprised if they still try to push universal background checks. Fortunately, I don't think any of it will pass the House.

TFred

That's the problem TFred. Everyone is relaxing now and that's the worst thing that can happen. There are other bills and a lot of controls they can pass. Background checks would be worse than an AWB.

stickslinger

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 88

va_tazdad

It was always a no go.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-19-13-51-09

Harry Reid stuck his finger in the air and sensed the outcome of accommodating Feinstein's "Assault Weapons Ban bill," and decided not to include it in Senate legislation.

The Fascist bimbo knew she didn't have a chance of Congress supporting her stupidity. It was all for show.

Sadly, parts of America think shwe is right.

Fortunately, we live in Virginia, not Californicate where she has influence.

cch10000

They only took the AWB off the table to get a guarantee of the High cap mag ban to pass, then they will attach the AWB to the end and sneak it through at the end

va_tazdad

Both emailed me a reply

Did anybody ever get an answer from our two on whether they had planned to vote for this?

TFred

Same canned BS as last time. They were "reviewing all options" presented by Idiot joe and the other "respected" members on Comgress. (Like there are any that are respected???)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
They only took the AWB off the table to get a guarantee of the High cap mag ban to pass, then they will attach the AWB to the end and sneak it through at the end

DiFi was told the AWB, as a stand-alone, would never make it out alive.

Why did she give up without a hissy fit? Because she was told that she could add it as an amendmennt - to just about any other bill heding to the floor for a vote. This means we have to watch every single piece of legislation to make sure some version of AWB is not an extra, added surprise. Pretty sneaky, those Senators.

stay safe.

Old Virginia Joe

I hear Harry Reid has a bunch of gun-friendly constituents in Nevada that he has to avoid offending, so he is in a position of being a democrat, who has to appear to disagree with his party on the 2A issue. Kind of a sticky wicket for him, and he has to play his cards right to walk both sides of that fence.

2a4all

The wife and I attended a Republican rally in York County this morning for Ken Cuccinelli. Congressman Rob Wittman was among the attendees, and I had a chance to ask him about the current gun legislation. (In truth, I told him "No, no, no to all of this gun stuff.") He said he agreed completely, and that he didn't think that any of the current bills would make it out of the Senate.