Thread: OC Seminar at Cabela's in Grandville, MI Saturday, 5/18/2013 at 4:00pm

OC Seminar at Cabela's in Grandville, MI Saturday, 5/18/2013 at 4:00pm

When: Saturday, 5/18/2013 at 4:00pm
    Where: Cabela's 3000 44th Street SW, Grandville, MI

Bring friends and family to this educational seminar and afterwards enjoy shopping in the newest Cabela's in Michigan. This should be a wonderful time. Stay tuned for announcement of OC lunch prior to the seminar.

http://goo.gl/maps/Lz7p2
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Hmmm may have to check this one out

BTW, this seminar us 100% booked/reserved. You can still get in the waiting list.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    BTW, this seminar us 100% booked/reserved. You can still get in the waiting list.
    Good to hear it is filled, I know someone who would have liked to know it was an RSVP event.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Good to hear it is filled, I know someone who would have liked to know it was an RSVP event.
    We need to work on that. The good news, it may be moving to a roomier venue. Stay tuned for details.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

That person could get on our mailing list, where they'd find that out. http://miopencarry.org/updates

Of course, they can just show up and we'll seat them if there is room -- or they could stand.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

That person could get on our mailing list, where they'd find that out. http://miopencarry.org/updates

Of course, they can just show up and we'll seat them if there is room -- or they could stand.
    they could, they didn't however. but I am glad to know there will be standing room available
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

they could, they didn't however. but I am glad to know there will be standing room available
    "They" could subscribe to the list for future reference as there will be future seminars in the GR area. Of course, "they" could just refuse to sign up for the list so "they" will have so etching to complain about next time "they" don't get the info "they" need...

I wasn't aware that this was rsvp either and gave out my email at the big boy in Grandville. I never got anything on it. The wife and I were planning on going to the seminar, oh well we'll catch the next one. I did just use the email subscription above though and submitted it

Quote Originally Posted by Dougcr View Post
    I wasn't aware that this was rsvp either and gave out my email at the big boy in Grandville. I never got anything on it. The wife and I were planning on going to the seminar, oh well we'll catch the next one. I did just use the email subscription above though and submitted it
    Thanks Dougcr
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

As SB posted in #5, the venue may be changing/getting bigger, so get one the waiting list.

http://moc-seminar-grandville-ocdo.eventbrite.com

If the venue changes and more seats open up, they will be filled (in order) from the mailing list.

The most authoritative place to get info about Michigan Open Carry events is Michigan Open Carry's forum and mailing list. All other sources are secondary.

If you sign up for our email list a few things come into play:

1. It takes a few days for us to manually enter your data and sign you up.
    2. Your writing may have been illegible and we may not have been able to sign you up.

I think the event had "sold out" prior to the Grandville big boy.

Also, I haven't received a copy of the mailing list sign up from our SW regional coordinator for ppl that signed up in Grandville, I need to fix that.
    Last edited by TheQ; 04-09-2013 at 12:59 PM.

As SB posted in #5, the venue may be changing/getting bigger, so get one the waiting list.

http://moc-seminar-grandville-ocdo.eventbrite.com

If the venue changes and more seats open up, they will be filled (in order) from the mailing list.

The most authoritative place to get info about Michigan Open Carry events is Michigan Open Carry's forum and mailing list. All other sources are secondary.

If you sign up for our email list a few things come into play:

1. It takes a few days for us to manually enter your data and sign you up.
    2. Your writing may have been illegible and we may not have been able to sign you up.

I think the event had "sold out" prior to the Grandville big boy.

Also, I haven't received a copy of the mailing list sign up from our SW regional coordinator for ppl that signed up in Grandville, I need to fix that.
    Perfect thanks! I just added my name to the waiting list, if i end up getting a ticket, what is the cost to attend? Thanks again.

Perfect thanks! I just added my name to the waiting list, if i end up getting a ticket, what is the cost to attend? Thanks again.
    It's free. I'd show up anyways, chances are you'll be able to get a seat.

"They" could subscribe to the list for future reference as there will be future seminars in the GR area. Of course, "they" could just refuse to sign up for the list so "they" will have so etching to complain about next time "they" don't get the info "they" need...
    huh?
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

huh?
    so etching probably means "something", damn auto correct.

It's free. I'd show up anyways, chances are you'll be able to get a seat.

Sounds good!