View Poll Results: who is the best group representing NC

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • NRA

    0 0%
  • GRNC

    7 87.50%
  • NCGO

    0 0%
  • SECOND AMENDMENT GROUP

    1 12.50%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: best NC GROUP

  1. #1
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258

    best NC GROUP

    Don't take this wrong i think that all the second amendment groups are very important. i just had a interchange with someone and i was wondering whom is the best group to get things done and represent us in Raleigh
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    751
    I don't know why NCGO is included. They are not a political action group. Individual members may be actively involved personally or with some organization such as GRNC.

    Side note: Tillis just squelched HB 17 (restaurant carry). Once again, a promise is are broken.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279

    who is the best group representing NC Concealed Carry or Open Carry?

    GRNC has already made it known they do not represent open carry(Drunk Bikers).
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    I don't know why NCGO is included. They are not a political action group. Individual members may be actively involved personally or with some organization such as GRNC.

    Side note: Tillis just squelched HB 17 (restaurant carry). Once again, a promise is are broken.
    He kept his promise to me.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    GRNC has already made it known they do not represent open carry(Drunk Bikers).

    So instead of acting like a total a$$hat all the time why not behave in a way that might change that perception? You and one or two of your cohorts do more to tarnish the image of OC and injure it's political position than any action ever taken by GRNC. No cites... that's just a personal observation.

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBobD View Post
    So instead of acting like a total a$$hat all the time why not behave in a way that might change that perception? You and one or two of your cohorts do more to tarnish the image of OC and injure it's political position than any action ever taken by GRNC. No cites... that's just a personal observation.
    It is no wonder some people see it necessary to hide their guns considering their rabid, hate filled attitudes. It is these attitudes(Gold Carry State thread) that I pointed out to legislators that probably killed the bill. It appears that some concealed carry folk are too angry and unreliable to carry period let alone be let around decent people.

    I would say the concealed carry people with anger issues are the ones that tarnish the image of 2A. Just take a note of these individuals from a anti site. Even though it is anti the incidents are real, if you can come up with the number of issues with open carry please step up to the plate. IMO it is open carry that is sane, reliable, and safe, even though most CC are the same there does seem to be a wild element of angry people with permits and a small percentage are dangerous.

    http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campa...ers-in-florida
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    326
    Both James Holmes and Adam Lanza open carried on 7-20-2012 and 12-14-2012.

    Anyone can twist facts to make themselves feel superior on the internet.

    Bob there is no reason to feed the trolls.
    Last edited by NC-Heel; 03-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

    "Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

  8. #8
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    Both James Holmes and Adam Lanza open carried on 7-20-2012 and 12-14-2012.

    Anyone can twist facts to make themselves feel superior on the internet.
    They open carried while in a commission of a crime, in other words they had to have the guns out to commit the crime. There is no evidence they had permits to open carry, or that they were open carriers. What you are trying to say is every criminal who uses a gun in a crime is a open carrier, and that is not going to fly, it is ignorant to say the least. The people in the site I posted were permit holders, and the rabid posting on this site are by permit holders, clearly there is a link between hiding a gun(like most criminals carry) and violence, and anti social behavior.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-22-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    It is no wonder some people see it necessary to hide their guns considering their rabid, hate filled attitudes. It is these attitudes(Gold Carry State thread) that I pointed out to legislators that probably killed the bill. It appears that some concealed carry folk are too angry and unreliable to carry period let alone be let around decent people.
    You make the assumption that I don't open carry, you really have not clue how I carry... you know what they say about assumptions... oh wait a minute! I went there in my original reply to this thread.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post

    Anyone can twist facts to make themselves feel superior on the internet.

    Bob there is no reason to feed the trolls.
    Oh but it's fun to see them get their panties in a wad.

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBobD View Post
    You make the assumption that I don't open carry, you really have not clue how I carry... you know what they say about assumptions... oh wait a minute! I went there in my original reply to this thread.
    Please cite where I said or assumed you don't open carry, now you are just making stuff up. You know what they say about people who say things that are not true or made up.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    They open carried while in a commission of a crime, in other words they had to have the guns out to commit the crime. There is no evidence they had permits to open carry, or that they were open carriers. What you are trying to say is every criminal who uses a gun in a crime is a open carrier, and that is not going to fly, it is ignorant to say the least. The people in the site I posted were permit holders, and the rabid posting on this site are by permit holders, clearly there is a link between hiding a gun(like most criminals carry) and violence, and anti social behavior.
    You posted a site to make it look like CC permit carriers were the ones committing homicides in the state of Florida. The problem is that the only way for a citizen to legally carry a firearm in Florida is concealed with a permit. You were trying to imply that people that get permits are rabid and people that conceal carry are rabid and when you put the 2 together they are hate filled. All I did was point out that in 2 states that allow no permit required open carry what kind of deranged individuals can come into possession of a firearm. Just like you I can take facts out of context, delete and ignore the parts that do not fit my agenda and post them on the internet. Nothing more, nothing less.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

    "Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

  13. #13
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBobD View Post
    So instead of acting like a total a$$hat all the time why not behave in a way that might change that perception? You and one or two of your cohorts do more to tarnish the image of OC and injure it's political position than any action ever taken by GRNC. No cites... that's just a personal observation.
    perhaps mate you are referring to me?

    can someone please tell what is it about some of the GRNC supporters who have to resort to grade school taunts or slurs when they refer to adults who challenge their precious???

    i am afraid PV in his tirade on this site did his own organization the injustice by showing the NC gun carrying citizens exactly where and who the organization feels is important...wasn't WW or his band of cohorts mate... it was the president of the organization himself who tarnished his own reputation and political stance.

    wabbit

    ps: as someone requested in another thread, i contacted those GAssembly folk on the list...and expressed my displeasure over their bill,
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 03-23-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  14. #14
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    perhaps mate you are referring to me?

    can someone please tell what is it about some of the GRNC supporters who have to resort to grade school taunts or slurs when then refer to adults who challenge their precious???

    i am afraid PV in his tirade on this site did his own organization the injustice by showing the NC gun carrying citizens exactly where and who the organization feels is important...wasn't WW or his band of cohorts mate... it was the president of the organization himself who tarnished his own reputation and political stance.

    wabbit

    ps: as someone requested in another thread, i contacted those GAssembly folk on the list...and expressed my displeasure over their bill,
    I think the proper answer would be called "replying in kind" or "stooping to your level" lol.

    If you can't honestly admit that you egg people on with little taunts, your honesty meter has dropped into the negative. Another mark of honesty on your part would be to admit that you egged the GRNC folks on for months prior to PV ever coming on here.

    Would you like to be truly honest and add that disclaimer to your posts when talking of the situation, or would you like to perpetuate the myth that poor wittle Wabbit was innocently eating in the garden when suddenly the big bad GRNC wolf pounced upon him unaware?

  15. #15
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    you know i am kind of surprised that the NRA not getting one vote. they actually did help with the "emergency disarmament", though it was late
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    [QUOTE=papa bear;1916061]you know i am kind of surprised that the NRA not getting one vote. they actually did help with the "emergency disarmament", though it was late[/QUOTE

    i did read with interest SAF's statement released o/a May 2012 and the glowing praise for everyone involved in the case...

    quote
    “I want to thank our plaintiffs, our legal team, our staff and in particular, our members and donors who have made all of these victories possible,” Gottlieb said.
    unquote

    http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com...l-bateman.html

    wabbit

    ps: i did miss mention of specific organizations who helped in bateman case in SAF's May 2012 press release...
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 03-23-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  17. #17
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    sorry roto, can't respond to your ramblings at the moment as i am laughing way too hard to properly type after reading the self serving poll and its current results (8) and who specifically voted for which organization... right down party lines, eh... all 7 of you mates...roflmao...out of 8 votes i might add.

    twas put up four days ago and you only garnered 8 votes out of how many daily viewers to this sub-thread and did you roto, et al., mention the poll over at NCGO site or perhaps GRNC put out an alert to rustle up some folk to partake in the poll...

    wabbit

    ps: j-sin you rock
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 03-23-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  18. #18
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Don't take this wrong i think that all the second amendment groups are very important. i just had a interchange with someone and i was wondering whom is the best group to get things done and represent us in Raleigh
    Wabbit I found it interesting that they did not list OCDO in that poll. This site and the members represent me more and better than any lobby group can, the rest of the time I do fine representing myself. Novel concept.

    For the record my vote goes to Open Carry Dot Org. Who agrees with me?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  19. #19
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    you know i am kind of surprised that the NRA not getting one vote. they actually did help with the "emergency disarmament", though it was late
    Not really, Papa. What they did was attach their name to the suit at the last moment once it was all but decided, and then put out an alert for it a day or so before the decision. Other than that, it was not an NRA action.

    That's not to say that they don't do great things elsewhere, though.

  20. #20
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Wabbit I found it interesting that they did not list OCDO in that poll. This site and the members represent me more and better than any lobby group can, the rest of the time I do fine representing myself. Novel concept.

    For the record my vote goes to Open Carry Dot Org. Who agrees with me?
    While OCDO is certainly a great place, I can't think of one thing it's done in Raleigh to further the CC or OC cause lol.

    That's going strictly with the intent of the OP, though. I don't see many forums wandering the halls of the legislature. A few members from a few different sites maybe, but not forums as an organization.

  21. #21
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    While OCDO is certainly a great place, I can't think of one thing it's done in Raleigh to further the CC or OC cause lol.

    That's going strictly with the intent of the OP, though. I don't see many forums wandering the halls of the legislature. A few members from a few different sites maybe, but not forums as an organization.
    I can't think of one thing in Raleigh that has represented OC from GRNC or NRA. The pole asked for the group that best represents OPEN CARRY, and that is OCDO by supporting and administrating this site to inform and educate all, including politicians.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-23-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  22. #22
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    sorry roto, can't respond to your ramblings at the moment as i am laughing way too hard to properly type after reading the self serving poll and its current results (8) and who specifically voted for which organization... right down party lines, eh... all 7 of you mates...roflmao...out of 8 votes i might add.

    twas put up four days ago and you only garnered 8 votes out of how many daily viewers to this sub-thread and did you roto, et al., mention the poll over at NCGO site or perhaps GRNC put out an alert to rustle up some folk to partake in the poll...

    wabbit

    ps: j-sin you rock
    lol I hate to burst your little immature bubble, but I had nothing to do with the poll, the posting of it, or even voted in it. Nor have I mentioned this poll to any person, orgaization, or other forum. I normally keep my forums and activities distinct from each other.

    Besides, the last thing I really care about is a poll of this kind lol. I mean, really? Is there any real contest going on? I'd vote for all of them and add OCDO if I was able too. They all contribute in various ways.

    Good try, though

  23. #23
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I can't think of one thing in Raleigh that has represented OC from GRNC or NRA. The pole asked for the group that best represents OPEN CARRY, and that is OCDO by supporting and administrating this site to inform and educate all, including politicians.
    Hmm, my screen must be showing something different than yours in the poll and the original post. I don't see a bolded red underlined OPEN CARRY there. What I see is the word "us".

    In that regard I took it to mean gun owners as a whole. Perhaps I was mistaken?

    OP? Did you mean gun owners in general or OC only?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by rotorhead; 03-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    This IS a open carry site, so who would us be if it was not open carry? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    OP were you talking about a other interest then Open Carry, on a site made up of open carry members?
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-23-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  25. #25
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    This IS a open carry site, so who would us be if it was not open carry? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Ahh, more of that gentlemanly maturity, I see.

    But, the fact remains, the OP was asking about who best represents NC. I didn't see where it distinguished between the "classes" of carriers.

    I'd rather hear from the OP, though. I'll probably get a better response than "Duhhhhhhhhhhh"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •