• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

best NC GROUP

who is the best group representing NC

• NRA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCGO

• NONE OF THE ABOVE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

papa bear

Don't take this wrong i think that all the second amendment groups are very important. i just had a interchange with someone and i was wondering whom is the best group to get things done and represent us in Raleigh

bc.cruiser

I don't know why NCGO is included. They are not a political action group. Individual members may be actively involved personally or with some organization such as GRNC.

Side note: Tillis just squelched HB 17 (restaurant carry). Once again, a promise is are broken.:banghead:

WalkingWolf

who is the best group representing NC Concealed Carry or Open Carry?

GRNC has already made it known they do not represent open carry(Drunk Bikers).

WalkingWolf

I don't know why NCGO is included. They are not a political action group. Individual members may be actively involved personally or with some organization such as GRNC.

Side note: Tillis just squelched HB 17 (restaurant carry). Once again, a promise is are broken.:banghead:

He kept his promise to me. :cool:

NCBobD

GRNC has already made it known they do not represent open carry(Drunk Bikers).

So instead of acting like a total a$$hat all the time why not behave in a way that might change that perception? You and one or two of your cohorts do more to tarnish the image of OC and injure it's political position than any action ever taken by GRNC. No cites... that's just a personal observation.

WalkingWolf

So instead of acting like a total a$$hat all the time why not behave in a way that might change that perception? You and one or two of your cohorts do more to tarnish the image of OC and injure it's political position than any action ever taken by GRNC. No cites... that's just a personal observation.

It is no wonder some people see it necessary to hide their guns considering their rabid, hate filled attitudes. It is these attitudes(Gold Carry State thread) that I pointed out to legislators that probably killed the bill. It appears that some concealed carry folk are too angry and unreliable to carry period let alone be let around decent people.

I would say the concealed carry people with anger issues are the ones that tarnish the image of 2A. Just take a note of these individuals from a anti site. Even though it is anti the incidents are real, if you can come up with the number of issues with open carry please step up to the plate. IMO it is open carry that is sane, reliable, and safe, even though most CC are the same there does seem to be a wild element of angry people with permits and a small percentage are dangerous.

http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-camp...y-concealed-handgun-permit-holders-in-florida

Last edited:

NC-Heel

Both James Holmes and Adam Lanza open carried on 7-20-2012 and 12-14-2012.

Anyone can twist facts to make themselves feel superior on the internet.

Bob there is no reason to feed the trolls.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Both James Holmes and Adam Lanza open carried on 7-20-2012 and 12-14-2012.

Anyone can twist facts to make themselves feel superior on the internet.

They open carried while in a commission of a crime, in other words they had to have the guns out to commit the crime. There is no evidence they had permits to open carry, or that they were open carriers. What you are trying to say is every criminal who uses a gun in a crime is a open carrier, and that is not going to fly, it is ignorant to say the least. The people in the site I posted were permit holders, and the rabid posting on this site are by permit holders, clearly there is a link between hiding a gun(like most criminals carry) and violence, and anti social behavior.

Last edited:

NCBobD

It is no wonder some people see it necessary to hide their guns considering their rabid, hate filled attitudes. It is these attitudes(Gold Carry State thread) that I pointed out to legislators that probably killed the bill. It appears that some concealed carry folk are too angry and unreliable to carry period let alone be let around decent people.

You make the assumption that I don't open carry, you really have not clue how I carry... you know what they say about assumptions... oh wait a minute! I went there in my original reply to this thread. ;)

WalkingWolf

You make the assumption that I don't open carry, you really have not clue how I carry... you know what they say about assumptions... oh wait a minute! I went there in my original reply to this thread. ;)

Please cite where I said or assumed you don't open carry, now you are just making stuff up. You know what they say about people who say things that are not true or made up. ;)

NC-Heel

They open carried while in a commission of a crime, in other words they had to have the guns out to commit the crime. There is no evidence they had permits to open carry, or that they were open carriers. What you are trying to say is every criminal who uses a gun in a crime is a open carrier, and that is not going to fly, it is ignorant to say the least. The people in the site I posted were permit holders, and the rabid posting on this site are by permit holders, clearly there is a link between hiding a gun(like most criminals carry) and violence, and anti social behavior.
You posted a site to make it look like CC permit carriers were the ones committing homicides in the state of Florida. The problem is that the only way for a citizen to legally carry a firearm in Florida is concealed with a permit. You were trying to imply that people that get permits are rabid and people that conceal carry are rabid and when you put the 2 together they are hate filled. All I did was point out that in 2 states that allow no permit required open carry what kind of deranged individuals can come into possession of a firearm. Just like you I can take facts out of context, delete and ignore the parts that do not fit my agenda and post them on the internet. Nothing more, nothing less.

ncwabbit

perhaps mate you are referring to me?

can someone please tell what is it about some of the GRNC supporters who have to resort to grade school taunts or slurs when they refer to adults who challenge their precious???

i am afraid PV in his tirade on this site did his own organization the injustice by showing the NC gun carrying citizens exactly where and who the organization feels is important...wasn't WW or his band of cohorts mate... it was the president of the organization himself who tarnished his own reputation and political stance.

wabbit

ps: as someone requested in another thread, i contacted those GAssembly folk on the list...and expressed my displeasure over their bill,

Last edited:

rotorhead

perhaps mate you are referring to me?

can someone please tell what is it about some of the GRNC supporters who have to resort to grade school taunts or slurs when then refer to adults who challenge their precious???

i am afraid PV in his tirade on this site did his own organization the injustice by showing the NC gun carrying citizens exactly where and who the organization feels is important...wasn't WW or his band of cohorts mate... it was the president of the organization himself who tarnished his own reputation and political stance.

wabbit

ps: as someone requested in another thread, i contacted those GAssembly folk on the list...and expressed my displeasure over their bill,

I think the proper answer would be called "replying in kind" or "stooping to your level" lol.

If you can't honestly admit that you egg people on with little taunts, your honesty meter has dropped into the negative. Another mark of honesty on your part would be to admit that you egged the GRNC folks on for months prior to PV ever coming on here.

Would you like to be truly honest and add that disclaimer to your posts when talking of the situation, or would you like to perpetuate the myth that poor wittle Wabbit was innocently eating in the garden when suddenly the big bad GRNC wolf pounced upon him unaware? :)

papa bear

you know i am kind of surprised that the NRA not getting one vote. they actually did help with the "emergency disarmament", though it was late

ncwabbit

you know i am kind of surprised that the NRA not getting one vote. they actually did help with the "emergency disarmament", though it was late[/QUOTE

i did read with interest SAF's statement released o/a May 2012 and the glowing praise for everyone involved in the case...

“I want to thank our plaintiffs, our legal team, our staff and in particular, our members and donors who have made all of these victories possible,” Gottlieb said.
unquote

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2012/05/north-carolina-will-not-appeal-bateman.html

wabbit

ps: i did miss mention of specific organizations who helped in bateman case in SAF's May 2012 press release...

Last edited:

ncwabbit

sorry roto, can't respond to your ramblings at the moment as i am laughing way too hard to properly type after reading the self serving poll and its current results (8) and who specifically voted for which organization... right down party lines, eh... all 7 of you mates...roflmao...out of 8 votes i might add.

twas put up four days ago and you only garnered 8 votes out of how many daily viewers to this sub-thread and did you roto, et al., mention the poll over at NCGO site or perhaps GRNC put out an alert to rustle up some folk to partake in the poll...

wabbit

ps: j-sin you rock

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Don't take this wrong i think that all the second amendment groups are very important. i just had a interchange with someone and i was wondering whom is the best group to get things done and represent us in Raleigh

Wabbit I found it interesting that they did not list OCDO in that poll. This site and the members represent me more and better than any lobby group can, the rest of the time I do fine representing myself. Novel concept. :cool:

For the record my vote goes to Open Carry Dot Org. Who agrees with me?

rotorhead

you know i am kind of surprised that the NRA not getting one vote. they actually did help with the "emergency disarmament", though it was late

Not really, Papa. What they did was attach their name to the suit at the last moment once it was all but decided, and then put out an alert for it a day or so before the decision. Other than that, it was not an NRA action.

That's not to say that they don't do great things elsewhere, though.

rotorhead

Wabbit I found it interesting that they did not list OCDO in that poll. This site and the members represent me more and better than any lobby group can, the rest of the time I do fine representing myself. Novel concept. :cool:

For the record my vote goes to Open Carry Dot Org. Who agrees with me?

While OCDO is certainly a great place, I can't think of one thing it's done in Raleigh to further the CC or OC cause lol.

That's going strictly with the intent of the OP, though. I don't see many forums wandering the halls of the legislature. A few members from a few different sites maybe, but not forums as an organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.