• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jury nullification- Know your rights as a juror.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was on a jury, we went to the jury room .. heard lots of yelling in the courtroom. Then they brought us into the courtroom and said the case got settled.

I asked the judge what the case was about ... his bailiff told him the decision was announced so it was OK...the guy stole a car.

I said "who hasn't done that?.. I would have let him go." and the judge laughed ....

Phoenix David

100% believer in jury nullification, it can be used for good and bad. I think the the OJ trail was jury nullification. Might not agree with it but it is their right.

countryclubjoe

OP- Thanks for the informative post. There are probably hundreds of thousands of citizens that are unaware that they have the right to a jury trial let alone know anything about jury nullification however I am quit sure that none of those hundreds of thousands are members of OP.C

So called officers of the courts, judges, lawyers etc violate the peoples constitutional rights each and everyday in the so called courts of law.
Ie, tax courts, traffic courts etc.. And the reason is for money. They make a good living by not informing people of there natural rights.
Millions of citizens give up there natural rights by entering into a contract with the taxing authority or DMV etc, people voluntarily enter into the jurisdiction of the state or federal goverment and waive there natural rights. The people volunteer because they are misinformed or mislead or threatened with violence in the form of fines, fees and yes JAIL TIME.

Judges, lawyers, do not want people to understand that " The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime"
Miller v U.S. F.2D 484,489

Best regards
CCJ

georg jetson

OP- Thanks for the informative post. There are probably hundreds of thousands of citizens that are unaware that they have the right to a jury trial let alone know anything about jury nullification however I am quit sure that none of those hundreds of thousands are members of OP.C

The issue of whether a trial is by jury is a constitutional one. By that I mean a state's constitution will define when a jury is required/provided. It may defer this authority to statute. This is definetely a state issue.

So called officers of the courts, judges, lawyers etc violate the peoples constitutional rights each and everyday in the so called courts of law.
Ie, tax courts, traffic courts etc.. And the reason is for money. They make a good living by not informing people of there natural rights.

It's not the job of judges and lawyers not employed by the citizen to inform the citizen of their rights. It is the job of the citizens to inform themselves.

Millions of citizens give up there natural rights by entering into a contract with the taxing authority or DMV etc, people voluntarily enter into the jurisdiction of the state or federal goverment and waive there natural rights. The people volunteer because they are misinformed or mislead or threatened with violence in the form of fines, fees and yes JAIL TIME.

Judges, lawyers, do not want people to understand that " The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime"

Best regards
CCJ

People enter into a contract with "the taxing authority or DMV etc"? "people voluntarily enter into the jurisdiction of the state or federal goverment and waive there natural rights"? Cite?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I in the past would have done everything I could have done not to be part of a rigged system even as a juror.

Then I was educated on what the true responsibilities of a juror is and now feel It is my duty to thwart tyranny in anyway I can.

I also encourage everyone to plead not guilty, you can always change your plea later, there is no way our system can handle the cases if everyone did this. Use the system against the system it worked very well for Russian prisoners. :)

zekester

Oh man...

This is the best way to get out of jury duty..'

Attorney: " Good Afternoon, will you please give the court your name and what do you do?"

ME: "I am Mr..so and so..

I believe in my Constitutional right for Jury Nullification!"

Attorney: "He is free to go".

Imagine if every prespective juror did this....we would never have a trial!!!

On this same token....just throwing this out there,,,,what if...."You promise to tell the truth, the whole truth"....and I say.....NO!.....lol...and then envoke the 5th...

Last edited:

eye95

That won't necessarily get you dismissed from the duty. You may be dismissed from a particular jury and simply go back into the pool for some more mind-numbing waiting. It depends on the State, the jurisdiction, and how the court itself handles prospective jurors.

On a side note: I always wanted to do jury duty. I saw it as a duty and thought it would be interesting. While I was unemployed, I even asked what I could do to get called ASAP so that I would be less likely to be called once I was employed again. Nothing.

Irony of ironies, I move to Ohio and Alabama finally gets around to sending me a jury summons.

Last edited:

zekester

Yes Eye,,,,

I know that,.,it will get you put back in the pool....not in that case, whatever it is.

It is has 52 years for me and never called......I may play this just for fun,...,.wondering if i can get contempt?

I was just thinking out loud,,,

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

In NJ they pick a jury pool from registered voters, DL and registration , or simply from state issued ID cards.

CCJ

self preservation

Best regards
CCJ

Did you mean OCDO? If not, what is OP.C?

self preservation

Yes, OCDO

Typo O on my part.

TIA

CCJ

:) You're right about most people not being members on OCDO, and therefor never seeing this thread or learning from it. Thomas Jefferson once said “Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” We do it all the time in regards to OC and we can do it in regards to jury nullification. Problem is, how do you get the word out to others? :confused:

georg jetson

Best regards
CCJ

I see you have no intention in providing the cites I requested in post #6. I figured as much. People touting "contract" having anything to do with the driver's license/taxes are doing so most ignorantly. Typical "PAYtriot" mythology.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

I see you have no intention in providing the cites I requested in post #6. I figured as much. People touting "contract" having anything to do with the driver's license/taxes are doing so most ignorantly. Typical "PAYtriot" mythology.

Please start another thread titled Paytriot Mythology for furthur discussion.