Thread: Older (2009)? Youtube -- Ohio OCer harassed...should have just kept his mouth shut

Older (2009)? Youtube -- Ohio OCer harassed...should have just kept his mouth shut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS9t6LNRsUg

In the video (which is mostly black screen) the OCer is harassed by Ohio police...who immediately order him to the ground and handcuff him.

He is then heard repeatedly trying to "convince" the LEO that he is wrong and should read his pamphlets. He should have just shut up after establishing the situation (for future use) and getting the officer to admit the detainment/arrest. IMO, the OCer sounded "whiny" and unsure, and he wonders why he wasn't taken seriously.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I agree the OC'er should have said less but I think he did fine.

Being accosted and assaulted by men with guns is very nerve wracking and can throw even the best activists off their game.

All the more reason to practice being quiet.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Oh, wait, was baiting the police.

This is police baiting.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    I see no evidence of baiting. I see a person walking about, doing nothing illegal, but expecting (no doubt from past experience) that he would likely (but not definitely) be accosted unlawfully by a LEO, and therefore, being prepared.

Again, for examples of "baiting," do a search of this site on the word "embody." As a matter of fact, to aid in the distinction between behaving routinely with a gun and deliberately baiting officers into an encounter, I suggest we stop saying "baiting" and start saying "embodying" instead

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I see no evidence of baiting. I see a person walking about, doing nothing illegal, but expecting (no doubt from past experience) that he would likely (but not definitely) be accosted unlawfully by a LEO, and therefore, being prepared.

Again, for examples of "baiting," do a search of this site on the word "embody." As a matter of fact, to aid in the distinction between behaving routinely with a gun and deliberately baiting officers into an encounter, I suggest we stop saying "baiting" and start saying "embodying" instead
    Gotta agree with you on this...sounded like he was just out and about and (luckily) was recording. The LEOs could not have sounded much less professional (as far as actual legal/job knowledge)...and the OCer really should have stopped whining. But, as far as "baiting"...no...I think he just thought he could impress them with his knowledge, and found out that they were not interested in listening to him.

Banned
    I am sure that they are faced with lots of detainees who claim to know the law, but know as little as this officer demonstrated that he knew. The instant that an officer shows any stubbornness in his view of the law, attempting to educate him is a waste of time.

Just keep demonstrating your knowledge of that law by asking if you are free to go, leaving as soon as he says that you are (or making a careful attempt to leave if he does not answer), not answering questions, repeatedly stating that you consent to no searches or seizures, etc.

Of course, be recording every second you are in public with an OC'ed firearm.

I wonder if he got a settlement.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

I should have marked it as sarcastic.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)