• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 3/23/13

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 3/23, 9:30 AM

River City Diner
803 East Parham Road........ Map
Richmond, VA 23227-1107
(804) 266-1500

Returning to the diner where history is made.

Don't forget there is a gunshow this week-end at the Raceway so some will be there earlier.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We have guests from North of the Ni expected to join us.

Saturday is forecast to be in the mid-50s, and Sunday partly cloudy with intermittent rain/snow.

I'm not going to botherr looking for ammo or EBRs, so a later start for the show will be OK. (Remember, the morning does not begin until there are two numbers in the hour.)

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Would be nice, but

Family weekend with the kids visiting. They want to try Clippers and as little as I get to see them, I can't sneak off to be with you folks. (the wife doesn't mind the time I spend with you, but the daughter might.)

There is always next week. Long live the Garbage Plate!!!!!!!

va_tazdad

Well,,,,,Ok

We have guests from North of the Ni expected to join us.

Saturday is forecast to be in the mid-50s, and Sunday partly cloudy with intermittent rain/snow.

I'm not going to botherr looking for ammo or EBRs, so a later start for the show will be OK. (Remember, the morning does not begin until there are two numbers in the hour.)

stay safe.

So I guess you don't Zero Dark 30 as morning. ;>)

stickslinger

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 3/23, 9:30 AM

River City Diner
803 East Parham Road........ Map
Richmond, VA 23227-1107
(804) 266-1500

Returning to the diner where history is made.

Don't forget there is a gunshow this week-end at the Raceway so some will be there earlier.

And as one coming from North of the Ni, I intend to hit the show Saturday as well.

CavTrooperCason

As of now count me in!

Im going to try to make it, pretty good chance I will but you never know. I missed last Saturday so I will really be craving the Sausage Gravy this weekend :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Was hoping to bring one of spouse's co-workers, but turns out he can't make it.

Spouse and I and manchild will be there, though. Stuff we want at the show will not be selling out, so we won't be in a great hurry.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The prodigal son returned. We had visitors from over the mountain - and some of them are sojourning from NC. Tess and clan attended. Logan graced us by bringing Scouser along, and we learned of the fate of Bunny at the Zoo :( and why it is not allowed to shoot male ostriches.

This http://www.gerbergear.com/Survival/Knives/Bear-Grylls-Compact-Fixed-Blade_31-001066 was being carried and was well and thouougly discussed along with the designer/sponsor/paid shill whose name it bears.

Obama Corps was compared to the Hitler Youth and the Wobblies (IWW). The middle group came out better than either of the others.

In closing, I am starting the rumor that an OC Breakfast will be scheduled in Staunton on a coming Sunday. If he can drive from there to have breakfast with us, we should be able to drive to there to have breakfast with him. Just sayin'.

stay safe.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry I missed it guys.
I graded a road, checked cameras, got ticks, fired 120 3"&3.5" 12 ga test loads and 100 of those cute little 17's. My shoulder hurts...fertilized my winter wheat and kale...did I mention I got ticks.:uhoh:

JesterP99

Re: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 3/23

Aww. I missed a good one then. I was posting my rsvp last night when worm called and asked me to work in Woodbridge. Couldn't turn down a shift when I've been begging for shifts. Next time I will try to make it again.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

scouser

The prodigal son returned. We had visitors from over the mountain - and some of them are sojourning from NC. Tess and clan attended. Logan graced us by bringing Scouser along, and we learned of the fate of Bunny at the Zoo :( and why it is not allowed to shoot male ostriches.

Logan & I had a great time, he enjoyed seeing Miss Courtney & Miss Dana again (mainly because Courtney gives him ice cream and Dana talks about gummie bears) and I had the pleasure of meeting Tess and her family. Although I don't know him too well, it was nice to see Curtis out and about again. Tess, please don't feel bad about Jason making Logan cry, he's a sensitive kid and its only in the last few months we've gotten him to stop "sympathy crying" when he hears another toddler or a baby get upset.
skid, for the record, I never said I was going to shoot the ostrich, I said "I realized in advance that shooting the ostrich would be frowned upon"

In closing, I am starting the rumor that an OC Breakfast will be scheduled in Staunton on a coming Sunday. If he can drive from there to have breakfast with us, we should be able to drive to there to have breakfast with him. Just sayin'.

I'm seriously tempted, although the little guy won't be with me if I do. Staunton is a little too far to take a kid who isn't quite potty trained on my own (let's just leave the explanation at that).

In closing .. those were some brave people attempting the garbage plate. I have never even contemplated doing that and those that know me will probably think I'm more than capable (especially skid and sidestreet who were at Bass pro that Friday lunchtime when I demolished 4 servings of "fish and chips"). Sorry to say this in a place where "Mr Nap" (who has endowed me with 'honorary Virginian status') might see it, but I just can't face the sausage gravy, I don't care how long I live here, "gravy" will never be white, as an Englishman it will always be dark colored (gimme a break, I've only just, after 12 years living here, started to omit the "u" in words where it's belonged all my life!!!)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Saw and handled a Kel-Tec KSG 12 gauge pump, 18.5" barrel, 14 +1 rds 3", double magazine tubes.

No not at the gun show - was at a super secret location in or near Powhatan with someone I respect a lot.

It is going to get thoroughly rung out in the next few days.

KSG_3357web.jpg

I know it is a long gun, albeit a short one.
Some use their handgun to fight their way to something like this when the SHTF.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Saw and handled a Kel-Tec KSG 12 gauge pump, 18.5" barrel, 14 +1 rds 3", double magazine tubes.

No not at the gun show - was at a super secret location in or near Powhatan with someone I respect a lot.

It is going to get thoroughly rung out in the next few days.

KSG_3357web.jpg

I know it is a long gun, albeit a short one.
Some use their handgun to fight their way to something like this when the SHTF.

It has a PISTOL grip...so it's within the guidelines!