• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Event Threads deleted?

Ezerharden

They're there... not deleted- or am I the only one who can see them?

The second post is mine, copying the original information into my post....

I re-posted the events last night when I saw this thread and indeed they were missing. They still need to be pinned however.

EDIT: Correction, they have been pinned.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
You mean John or one of the site admins took my word for it that skeeterkiller is Pat? they didn't have any proof other than my word for it? wow, I didn't know I have that kind of influence! It sounds like you have more of an issue with ocdo management than with me. Besides I have been told that MOCs forum is busier than here, just post there and I am sure people will show up in droves! Also don't blame me that a banned person was put into the position of events coordinator and has problems posting where he is banned. He and that other person should just not go where they are banned. And maybe you and your master should get over YOUR butthurt, just a thought.

Thanks for admitting to it; at least we know who to watch.

I have no proof that skeeterkiller is a banned individual; whoever he is, he was behaving like a gentleman.

He posted information useful to the cause, and you're here celebrating that the (non offending) posts were removed.

Which side are you on? Bloomberg? Heartwell? Feinstein? Obviously, not the 2nd amendment or open carry. Shame on you.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Are we going for a new record of stickied threads? 50 threads per page and 23 stickies seems a bit excessive IMO.

All legitimate events, plus the usual wash/rinse/etc stuff.:confused:

Be happy that Michigan is so active! I am!:banana:

BTW, what is the record?

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Fozzy means well. Hey - the stickies do get a bit "wild" but for many they contain valuable info. To prove my point there is a sticky for a radio talk show Venator hosts. If you listen you can learn lot's of stuff. PLUS he gives away prizes! 2A knowledge and free SWAG - what's not to love? :D

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Fozzy means well. Hey - the stickies do get a bit "wild" but for many they contain valuable info. To prove my point there a sticky for a radio talk show Venator hosts. If you listen you can learn lot's of stuff. PLUS he gives away prizes! 2A knowledge and free SWAG - what's not to love? :D

I think Fozzy is right. But, since this is THE website that gets read, this is where people will tend to post. Btw Fozzy, I didn't get a chance to say hi yesterday. I saw you on the other side of the 2a parade but after that didn't see you again.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Are we going for a new record of stickied threads? 50 threads per page and 23 stickies seems a bit excessive IMO.

BTW, what is the record?

Now you all know Im not in your state, I am in every state, and while it is true that stickies
certainly have their place, keeping important tihngs at the top of the forum,
It is also true that Michigan holds record for the most in number, but thats not my point.
My point for the mods and the owners to make a note of and to think deeply about is this,
The same stickies will take up the same space, in this case, half the page,
of page one, page two, page three, etc,,,,, of any sub forum you may be reading...

1245A Defender

Well,,,

BTW, what is the record?

Just to make an observation.
Virginia is the most active forum, I spend a lot of time keeping up with the folks, I wish I could go meet.
Washington is second, I know a lot of the guys, some are petty, it makes me sad.
Michigan is third most active, it is very sad that there is so much infighting, seperation and backbighting.
Dont think we,,, all, dont see that, sad!

fozzy71

I think Fozzy is right. But, since this is THE website that gets read, this is where people will tend to post. Btw Fozzy, I didn't get a chance to say hi yesterday. I saw you on the other side of the 2a parade but after that didn't see you again.

Wasn't me. I was not there.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
just to make an observation.
Virginia is the most active forum, i spend a lot of time keeping up with the folks, i wish i could go meet.
Washington is second, i know a lot of the guys, some are petty, it makes me sad.
Michigan is third most active, it is very sad that there is so much infighting, seperation and backbighting.
Dont think we,,, all, dont see that, sad!

thank you!

FreeInAZ

Well I'm getting old and the distance was an issue... he had a coat with a hood on too. Probably just getting old. lol Glad I didn't approach him :D

Fozzy is a bit of a shut-in. Of the many events in his area in 2010, 2011, & 2012 I never saw him.

Ezerharden

Now you all know Im not in your state, I am in every state, and while it is true that stickies
certainly have their place, keeping important tihngs at the top of the forum,
It is also true that Michigan holds record for the most in number, but thats not my point.
My point for the mods and the owners to make a note of and to think deeply about is this,
The same stickies will take up the same space, in this case, half the page,
of page one, page two, page three, etc,,,,, of any sub forum you may be reading...

True, but as events pass, their stickies are removed and the fall off the list.

TheQ

If people are expected to read them, this website is probably the best place to post.

Actually, the majority of our Open Carry seminar attendees are attracted to the event by our mailing list -- which is now our #1 promotion tool. I have statistics from EventBrite that back this up. Each eventbrite URL we post is tailored to the venue we post it on so we can keep track of this,

fozzy71

Fozzy is a bit of a shut-in. Of the many events in his area in 2010, 2011, & 2012 I never saw him.

IIRC the only event I ever went to was the LAID dinner last fall because Michigander was nice enough to give me a ride. Now that I have my own new car I might try to get out to a few events this year. Too bad I won't be able to meet the infamous G9OS. :rolleyes:

DanM

fozzy71 said:

I'm with SB on that. OCDO'ers from other states have expressed envy over how active we are. Funny, they've never complained about how many stickies we have. They wish they had as much activity.

Occasionally, there needs to be little tidying up to do, but let's be happy and thankful that our problem here is a little inconvenience with having to scroll down past stickies. Listening to crickets chirp is an alternative that sucks much worse. :)