• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell's gun ban plan 'just not going anywhere'

Tucker6900

I used to live in GR and of all the things the city's administration should be worrying about, legally carried guns is not one of them.

FreeInAZ

Poor King George.

You nailed it! This is not about safety, never has been. It is about control! " how dare the piss-ants bring an equallizer into to my castle!" Seriously who do these people think they are fooling? You have a greater chance of being struck by lightening than being shot by a "lawfully" carried firearm by a citizen. :p

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
You nailed it! This is not about safety, never has been. It is about control! " how dare the piss-ants bring an equallizer into to my castle!" Seriously who do these people think they are fooling? You have a greater chance of being struck by lightening than being shot by a "lawfully" carried firearm by a citizen. :p

Maybe, but there seem to be a lot of antis saying "I own a gun but...". I think if they are anywhere carrying their firearm... perhaps hunting or target shooting... I don't want to be anywhere near them.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Maybe, but there seem to be a lot of antis saying "I own a gun but...". I think if they are anywhere carrying their firearm... perhaps hunting or target shooting... I don't want to be anywhere near them.

I " feel" likewise, even though I know statistically I am still safer near these mental midgets than I am in a CRIME EMPOWERMENT ZONE. :rolleyes:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Next, he'll have his stormtroopers shaking down innocent people on the street, like his hero, Bloomberg.:uhoh:

Bronson

like his hero, Bloomberg.:uhoh:

150402_503616899697295_268041528_n.png

Bronson