• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Amendment Returning Restaurant Carry to HB 17 NOW!

rdinatal

From http://www.grnc.org/

Copy and paste the list of NC House Republicans and send an email to ALL OF THEM. Note that your email provider will probably require you to break it up into smaller numbers of emails.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Copy and paste the list of NC House:

Dean.Arp@ncleg.net, Marilyn.Avila@ncleg.net, John.Bell@ncleg.net, Hugh.Blackwell@ncleg.net, John.Blust@ncleg.net, Jamie.Boles@ncleg.net, Robert.Brawley@ncleg.net, Bill.Brawley@ncleg.net, Mark.Brody@ncleg.net, Brian.Brown@ncleg.net, Rayne.Brown@ncleg.net, Rob.Bryan@ncleg.net, Dana.Bumgardner@ncleg.net, Justin.Burr@ncleg.net, Rick.Catlin@ncleg.net, George.Cleveland@ncleg.net, Jeff.Collins@ncleg.net, Debra.Conrad@ncleg.net, Leo.Daughtry@ncleg.net, Ted.Davis@ncleg.net, Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net, Josh.Dobson@ncleg.net, Jerry.Dockham@ncleg.net, Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net, Jeffrey.Elmore@ncleg.net, John.Faircloth@ncleg.net, Carl.Ford@ncleg.net, Jim.Fulghum@ncleg.net, Mike.Hager@ncleg.net, Jon.Hardister@ncleg.net, Kelly.Hastings@ncleg.net, Mark.Hollo@ncleg.net, Bryan.Holloway@ncleg.net, Craig.Horn@ncleg.net, Julia.Howard@ncleg.net, Pat.Hurley@ncleg.net, Frank.Iler@ncleg.net, Charles.Jeter@ncleg.net, Linda.Johnson2@ncleg.net, Bert.Jones@ncleg.net, Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net, Donny.Lambeth@ncleg.net, James.Langdon@ncleg.net, David.Lewis@ncleg.net, Chris.Malone@ncleg.net, Susan.Martin@ncleg.net, Pat.McElraft@ncleg.net, Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net, Allen.McNeill@ncleg.net, Chris.Millis@ncleg.net, Tim.Moffitt@ncleg.net, Tim.Moore@ncleg.net, Tom.Murry@ncleg.net, Michele.Presnell@ncleg.net, Nathan.Ramsey@ncleg.net, Dennis.Riddell@ncleg.net, Stephen.Ross@ncleg.net, Jason.Saine@ncleg.net, Ruth.Samuelson@ncleg.net, Jacqueline.Schaffer@ncleg.net, Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net, Phil.Shepard@ncleg.net, Michael.Speciale@ncleg.net, Paul.Stam@ncleg.net, Edgar.Starnes@ncleg.net, Bob.Steinburg@ncleg.net, Sarah.Stevens@ncleg.net, Michael.Stone@ncleg.net, John.Szoka@ncleg.net, Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net, John.Torbett@ncleg.net, Rena.Turner@ncleg.net, Harry.Warren@ncleg.net, Andy.Wells@ncleg.net, Roger.West@ncleg.net, Chris.Whitmire@ncleg.net

DELIVER THIS MESSAGE

Suggested title: STOP RESTAURANT HOMICIDE: SUPPORT PITTMAN AMENDMENT

Members of the North Carolina House:

Passing restaurant carry has been a top priority for North Carolina gun owners, including 300,000 current concealed handgun permit-holders. Yet for apparently political reasons, the measure was stripped from House Bill 17, which is slated for Second Reading today.

Danielle Watson, manager of the Flying Biscuit Cafe, was brutally stabbed to death as she closed the restaurant in what was just one in a long string of restaurant crimes in which not only patrons but also employees are currently prohibited from protecting themselves.

Accordingly, I demand that you support the effort by Rep. Larry Pittman to return restaurant carry to HB 17. This will be a vote of record for Grass Roots North Carolina and for me. I will closely monitor your actions via GRNC legislative alerts.

WalkingWolf

It supports ONLY CC. Not only will I not support, I am proud I helped kill it.

If the CC people want support from OC for a bill they should stop and think about excluding OC.

gary737

If the CC people want support from OC for a bill they should stop and think about excluding OC.

I love you logic, NOT! Ever hear the phrase, "The camels nose under the tent"? How about we prevent everyone from carrying because I feel that we should NOT need a permit to conceal.

I don't know where you got that it ONLY supports CC? The way I read the bill is that the person has to have a CC permit. Nowhere did it state that conceal carry is the only method of carry. Remember laws are there to prevent something, if it's not listed, it is permitted.

WalkingWolf

I love you logic, NOT! Ever hear the phrase, "The camels nose under the tent"? How about we prevent everyone from carrying because I feel that we should NOT need a permit to conceal.

I don't know where you got that it ONLY supports CC? The way I read the bill is that the person has to have a CC permit. Nowhere did it state that conceal carry is the only method of carry. Remember laws are there to prevent something, if it's not listed, it is permitted.

It only supports carry with a CHP(permission card), complete utter attack on the 2A requiring a permission card for a right. Asinine attitude that ONLY CHP holders should be allowed self defense. Stick your camel nose, I will continue to fight it until it is fairly written.

WTFOVER

Why would the CC crowd need help from OC crowd? There are 400k people in NC that has CHP. How many OC maybe 5-10k? Again, the bills will be written to fit the need. 400k People with CHP's is that fit. Not the OC crowd.

WalkingWolf

Why would the CC crowd need help from OC crowd? There are 400k people in NC that has CHP. How many OC maybe 5-10k? Again, the bills will be written to fit the need. 400k People with CHP's is that fit. Not the OC crowd.

Well I believe there are more firearm and handgun owners in NC than the pittance of privilege card holders. In this case maybe it only took little ole me to bust this foolish bill against the second amendment. If you don't need the OC crowd quit whimpering and asking for help from us, go play on the concealed carry sites and take your offensive attitude with you. This is Open Carry Dot Org, NOT concealed carry dot org.

rdinatal

How did you personally help kill it?

Your response is the most asinine I've seen in a while. While your choice to not CC is yours there are quite a few that CC and OC. How do you go through a GFSZ??

I posted here as notice for those who were interested. Since you are not interested, you can keep your comments to yourself.

-R

WalkingWolf

How did you personally help kill it?

Your response is the most asinine I've seen in a while. While your choice to not CC is yours there are quite a few that CC and OC. How do you go through a GFSZ??

I posted here as notice for those who were interested. Since you are not interested, you can keep your comments to yourself.

-R
This is Open Carry Dot Org. I contacted every representative that I could and gave them my opinion on the bill. I probably was not the only one, but if I was, then good, they listened. There is nothing asinine about exercising my right to be represented, and to support the second amendment. If you don't like my rights then maybe you should keep your comments to yourself. In NC we have the right to open carry without a permit, and I intend to do everything I can to keep it that way.

You posted a attempt to gain support on a open carry site for a organization that is anti open carry, that is about as asinine as it gets.

Last edited:

rdinatal

You posted a attempt to gain support on a open carry site for a organization that is anti open carry, that is about as asinine as it gets.

So according to you one that OCs can never CC? Are you now dictating what others can do? Again, I posted for those who carry both ways.

To be vocal in a cause is good, to be so vocal that you alienate others is not. Your comments did the latter.

if you are the spokesperson for OC gun rights then I see why 'we' are being split. Once that happens it's the end.

-R

WalkingWolf

So according to you one that OCs can never CC? Are you now dictating what others can do? Again, I posted for those who carry both ways.

To be vocal in a cause is good, to be so vocal that you alienate others is not. Your comments did the latter.

if you are the spokesperson for OC gun rights then I see why 'we' are being split. Once that happens it's the end.

-R

I am not dictating to anyone, GRNC is trying to dictate the use of a privilege card for a right. We are being split because some CC people are trying to screw the rights of those who do not wish to pay for a right. The problem is those imposing their will on others and wanting to get support for screwing the OC community. The leader of GRNC has made it clear his feelings for OC, and they were not good will feelings, he and his organization are clearly trying to hamper OC or make it like other states where a privilege card is the only way. Sorry but that is not acceptable.

linerider69

I am not dictating to anyone, GRNC is trying to dictate the use of a privilege card for a right. We are being split because some CC people are trying to screw the rights of those who do not wish to pay for a right. The problem is those imposing their will on others and wanting to get support for screwing the OC community. The leader of GRNC has made it clear his feelings for OC, and they were not good will feelings, he and his organization are clearly trying to hamper OC or make it like other states where a privilege card is the only way. Sorry but that is not acceptable.

I second that.Go pay for the rights you are born with if that is your wish but don't ask me to support no thanks.

ron73440

I agree, they can say "nose of the camel" all they want, but putting the privilege ahead of the right doesn't make any sense.

Also, even if they get the nose in, nothing I've read makes me think they will try to get the rest in.

Allow OC first, since it is a RIGHT and the privilege can follow later, or better yet do both at the same time.

WalkingWolf

IMO privilege cards are Jim Crow, the minority races in this state are statistically lower income. It is bad enough the price of the hardware for self defense is so high for them, then we have people who are intentionally trying to hinder their rights for their elitism. Gun control has it's roots in racism, and privilege cards are gun control when they interfere with right to keep and bear arms for everybody.

fjpro2a

Sorry if my opinion hurts

After reading all the posts, and trying to look at it objectively, I believe WalkingWolf makes the most sense. He is consistent in what he says. Keep up the good work, my friend.

NCBobD

Let me see if I understand this correctly? You'd like the "CC crowd" to support "OC" issues... you're approach to gaining that support is to with hold support for "CC" by those that "OC"... does that about sum it up? So if the "OC" movement isn't willing to support "CC" until "CC" supports "OC" and "CC" won't support "OC" because "OC" isn't supporting them, just how do you figure anyone will ever win? There's an old concept that seems to escape you. It's goes something like "united we stand, divided we fall."

So take your ball, leave the playground and go home. I'm sure that will result in you getting exactly what you want...NOT!

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Let me see if I understand this correctly? You'd like the "CC crowd" to support "OC" issues... you're approach to gaining that support is to with hold support for "CC" by those that "OC"... does that about sum it up? So if the "OC" movement isn't willing to support "CC" until "CC" supports "OC" and "CC" won't support "OC" because "OC" isn't supporting them, just how do you figure anyone will ever win? There's an old concept that seems to escape you. It's goes something like "united we stand, divided we fall."

So take your ball, leave the playground and go home. I'm sure that will result in you getting exactly what you want...NOT!

You do realize this IS a Open Carry site, and it is not the OC who are begging for support? Take your ball and shove it!

lpb8733

After reading all the posts, and trying to look at it objectively, I believe WalkingWolf makes the most sense. He is consistent in what he says. Keep up the good work, my friend.

QFE

I did the same thing - I reread the posts, reread the bill, and then re-examined my stance. I think WW is correct. The right should outweigh the privilege; upon coming to this conclusion, I agree that it is a good thing that it died since it only seemed to apply to CC, while ignoring the greater right to OC. Not that I'm against CC, because I'm not.

rotorhead

You do realize this IS a Open Carry site, and it is not the OC who are begging for support? Take your ball and shove it!

Wow.

This must be an example of some of the angry and irrational behavior you warned us about that other people are guilty of. It appears that people who CC and people who OC can become angry after being goaded, huh?

Imagine that.

Last edited:

fjpro2a

What?

Wow.

This must be an example of some of the angry and irrational behavior you warned us about that other people are guilty of. It appears that people who CC and people who OC can become angry after being goaded, huh?

Imagine that.

Nice try, rotorhead.