• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Amendment Returning Restaurant Carry to HB 17 NOW!

WalkingWolf

Wow.

This must be an example of some of the angry and irrational behavior you warned us about that other people are guilty of. It appears that people who CC and people who OC can become angry after being goaded, huh?

Imagine that.

Please explain what is irrational about contacting a representative and asking them to represent me. I am not angry and neither is the other pro OC posters. I explained my stance, I acted on my stance legally and rationally, and it is the CC supporters who are name calling, and stomping their feet. The dishonesty and anger displayed by those pushing this bill are part of the reason it failed.

I acted within the system legally, you can either accept it or throw more accusations, name calling and tantrums.

rotorhead

Please explain what is irrational about contacting a representative and asking them to represent me. I am not angry and neither is the other pro OC posters. I explained my stance, I acted on my stance legally and rationally, and it is the CC supporters who are name calling, and stomping their feet. The dishonesty and anger displayed by those pushing this bill are part of the reason it failed.

I acted within the system legally, you can either accept it or throw more accusations, name calling and tantrums.

1. The irrational part was where you told someone to take his ball and shove it. That's what I was saying was irrational. I'm not letting you switch things around this time.

2. The reason it "failed" is a false statement. It hasn't "failed" anything yet. What happened was House Speaker Tillis removed the "restaurant" portion of the bill the night prior to it's hearing and then didn't bother showing up to the hearing to explain himself. He did this for a couple of reasons. One is that he feels that the Senate should be the ones to push the bill before he does. In his mind, he took all the heat for it last year when passing it through the House and then the Senate buried it until the time ran out. Now he is refusing to do anything with it until they do, or at least wasn't going to until he got flooded with emails from people. Now the meeting for the bill is being rescheduled.

It certainly wasn't because the people who are pushing this bill are angry or dishonest, and it certainly didn't have anything to do with you helping to kill it as you've stated lol.

Personally I don't care about the bill. It does nothing for me as a non permit holder who openly carries. What I do care about is honesty, something you are not very familiar or comfortable with

carolina guy

After reading all the posts, and trying to look at it objectively, I believe WalkingWolf makes the most sense. He is consistent in what he says. Keep up the good work, my friend.

+1

Initially, I thought the bill sounded "ok"...just "ok"...but the more I read it, the less I like it. Paying for a right is the wrong way to do things.

ncwabbit

lol.

You're right. It won't matter much in the end. But hell, someone has to try and point out the hypocrisy, I guess.

me thinks you do just fine at pointing it out as everyone should have a purpose...

rotohead quote Personally I don't care about the bill. It does nothing for me as a non permit holder who openly carries. What I do care about is honesty, something you are not very familiar or comfortable with unquote:

rhetoric not even worth responding to...

wabbit

ps: you do the organization you support such an injustice with your mindless grade school jabs and insults...

Last edited:

rotorhead

And yet you respond anyway, as we knew you would. It's ok, you can't help it.

Which organization would you be referring to? I support the NRA, GRNC, SAF, GOA, OCDO, NCGO, and a few others. I may not agree with each of them or their methods 100% but at least they are doing something for us to a degree.

How about your organization, by the way? I haven't asked in a while. Surely you've had enough time to create it and get things moving. Ready to show the world how things should be done more effectively and get better results?

My wallet holds an empty slot awaiting the membership card to go with the others.

NC-Heel

And yet you respond anyway, as we knew you would. It's ok, you can't help it.

Which organization would you be referring to? I support the NRA, GRNC, SAF, GOA, OCDO, NCGO, and a few others. I may not agree with each of them or their methods 100% but at least they are doing something for us to a degree.

How about your organization, by the way? I haven't asked in a while. Surely you've had enough time to create it and get things moving. Ready to show the world how things should be done more effectively and get better results?

My wallet holds an empty slot awaiting the membership card to go with the others.
My membership fee, donation and volunteer time await also.

mpguy

United We Stand...Wolf was right in this matter IMO. If not, then I guess Ms. Parks shouldn't have cared what seat she got on the bus back in 55.

It's just the principal of the matter. The 2nd does say cc majority, or Oc majority. It should be at the gun owners choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WalkingWolf

United We Stand...Wolf was right in this matter IMO. If not, then I guess Ms. Parks shouldn't have cared what seat she got on the bus back in 55.

It's just the principal of the matter. The 2nd does say cc majority, or Oc majority. It should be at the gun owners choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely, lobbyists are just that, they are not concerned with our welfare. They are concerned with their pocketbook and who puts more into it. It was individuals like Ms. Parks who made the difference in this nation. It is the individuals that keep our government in check, the 2A without government permission slips are the metal behind those individuals. If we have to ask permission to exercise our rights, we don't have any rights. If we have to rely on groups of people who make a profit off of our rights we are in deep doo doo.

I don't need no stinkin organization! or badges, or permission slips!

Last edited:

carolina guy

Absolutely, lobbyists are just that, they are not concerned with our welfare. They are concerned with their pocketbook and who puts more into it. It was individuals like Ms. Parks who made the difference in this nation. It is the individuals that keep our government in check, the 2A without government permission slips are the metal behind those individuals. If we have to ask permission to exercise our rights, we don't have any rights. If we have to rely on groups of people who make a profit off of our rights we are in deep doo doo.

I don't need no stinkin organization! or badges, or permission slips!

+100