Thread: Boise Weekly promotes anti-gun agenda

Boise Weekly promotes anti-gun agenda

The Boise Weekly is hosting a columnist Mr. Bill Cope who is promoting his pro gun control propaganda.

Stand Our Ground
    Part One: Just how nutty are gun nuts?

Stand Our Ground
    Part Two: We are not alone

I would like to hear your thoughts on the articles?

Sally Freeman is the editor for Boise Weekly and her email is sally@boiseweekly.com

I began contacting the advertisers that appear on Bill Copes page and let them know I would no longer spend my money at their facilities. I actually was contacted by the Boise Weekly in response to my "Boycott" efforts. I let them know about Bill Copes insulting the citizens and culture of the State Of Idaho being unacceptable to me.

Do your part to contact the advertisers. It gets their attention!

The condescention & belittlement (bullying) in his writing is so blatant I'm very surprised they allowed his opinions to be published.

isn't that what this struggle is about - to bring enough Americans to the thoughtful side of the argument to turn this travesty around?
    Yep, though not in the way he thinks.

"the brattiest, trashiest, lyingest, most ignorant/selfish/soulless/seeping sewage segment of the total American community"
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
    Would the paper publish a similar rant against people exercising their 1A rights? (Religion, assembly, petition...)

virtually every dispute in American politics can be reduced to the lowest common denominators of private wealth versus public resolve, and this issue is no different
    Yep, again, though not in the way he thinks.
    We the people are resolved to defend our rights and the Constitution which protects them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by carracer
    I began contacting the advertisers that appear on Bill Copes page
    Maybe it's just my security settings, but when I looked at those 'articles' (to use the term loosely) I didn't see any advertisers.
    I think that's a good thing. They responded to your calls (and probably other people called too), the advertisers called the 'paper', and the 'paper' moved the ads.

The Boise Weekly has a paper version which they distribute throughout the greater Boise area. The adverts are very different in the print version as compared to the online media. The local advertisers are the ones whom I have contacted informing them, if they continue to support the Boise Weekly, I will no longer patronize their businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Maybe it's just my security settings, but when I looked at those 'articles' (to use the term loosely) I didn't see any advertisers.
    I think that's a good thing. They responded to your calls (and probably other people called too), the advertisers called the 'paper', and the 'paper' moved the ads.
    It could be the settings. When I first went to the article it showed an ad prominently from a local ski resort. It was them I directed my email to. When the BW emailed to me I wasn't expecting it and thought it was from the resort at first. By the second paragraph I figured it out. They told me that the web site just rotates ads and they are not the same as the print ads.

The person contacting me is the same Sally referred to in the original post. She informed me that she is also a gun owner and disagrees with Bill Cope also. She also mentioned, to my surprise, that Bill Cope is an Idaho Native!

I have a dialogue going with the BW and hopefully will have some positive things happen. Will keep you posted!

Surprise, surprise. It is the BOISE weekly after all. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by JK Idaho View Post
    Surprise, surprise. It is the BOISE weekly after all. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Yes! I wonder if we might be able to convert even one of their regular readers to be open minded toward the 2nd amendment. Maybe, maybe not!