• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not that it has anything to do with OC, but the NOVITES will like it

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd rather have the civil liability removed, when found innocent of a justifiable shooting. Constitutional carry is great, though and I would take either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The problem with that MP, is as I understand it, you can't ever have the civil liability removed. The statute can mitigate it to a degree, but it's not possible to completely remove it.

mpguy

The problem with that MP, is as I understand it, you can't ever have the civil liability removed. The statute can mitigate it to a degree, but it's not possible to completely remove it.

That's where I think it's, well stupid. If the guy/gal was shot, had a justified reason for doing so, the shooter civil wise gets punished.

It shouldn't be this way. If the assailant hadn't caused the problem, said person wouldn't have a chest wound.

Dad always said, "If you don't go looking for trouble, you won't find it. If it happens to find you...deal with it accordingly."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TFred

I doubt anyone will know the answer to this, but it's a shot.

Do the Clerks of the court keep any records of who comes in to see what stuff? I think the answer is probably "no", because I have spent plenty of time in my local clerk's office looking at land records, with nothing more than a "hey how are you today?" I'm curious if they would keep records of anyone who came to get copies of CHP records. A little different than other records, I don't think they usually leave those sitting out for folks to browse.

Perhaps if they make copies and have to charge the copy fee, there would be records of that.

I'm convinced that the media will be out in droves as we near July 1st to get that "last snapshot" of the CHP records.

TFred